Chapter 24

I jumped out of the car as soon as it parked. I raced up the front yard quickly running past Brandon as I ran through the house straight up the stairs. There was no time to wast. I stripped down to my bare skin as soon as I reached my room. Turning on the showers water. I waited for it to heat up before I stepped in.

****Skip the shower we all know what we do in a shower

I blow dried my hair as I stood in my bathroom with a towel wrapped tightly around my body. Let me tell you something having waist long hair and trying to blow dry that is like trying to blow dry a cat...not easy. I started running around naked in my room trying to find clothes.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked myself. a  I realized anyone could walk through my door and see me but ass naked.

"A lot of things" I answered my own question as I grabbed a pair of ripped pair of dark jeans with a gray tang top. Good enough. I mean it is just Jim I thought to myself as I starred in the mirror.

A horn honked snapping me out of my thoughts. My boots smacking the stairs as I raced down stairs heading straight outside to the Ford truck that waited for me. Sliding into the passenger seat I saw Jim dressed better then me. He also wore dark jeans but he had on a button down shirt. I sighed  in defeat knowing I should have dressed better.

"So the one time I want to take you out to a fancy restaurant and you dress like we should go to a bonfire" Jim teased me. I smiled sheepishly.

"You know we could go to my most favorite restaurant in the world" I curled my legs up underneath my body as I wrapped my hands carelessly around Jim's bicep. And damn this boy works out.

"Texas road house it is" Jim smiled down at me for a second before he looked back at the road.

"Yes" I said doing a little victory dance in my seat. Jim must have been watching me Becous  I heard his deep chuckle cut through the air making a shiver run down my back.

"Lobe you" Jim said with a smile pulling at the corner of his mouth.

"Lobe you too" I laughed  out when I leaned out of my seat peeking him on the cheek. Damn I was falling for this boy harder then Johnny Cash fell for June. 

******

"Seriously?" I laughed out. Me and Jim were now sitting inside My favorite restaurant in the world. Texas road house baby!!! The western inter surrounded us as we made jokes and told stupid stories.

"No seriously my little baby cousin said 'When I grow up I want to be just like daddy. Smoke, drink beer, and eat all the food I want all day every day'" We both broke down laughing again.

"Worst part is Mason comes from a very churchy family" Jim rolled  his eyes as he he stabbed a piece of his steak with his fork.

"Yeah well that's really cute" I smiled at the idea of a small boy saying that at a fish fry. Jim smile brightly at me as we both started to eat. Even in the beginning of this relationship I never felt like I had to fill in the silent gab that fills the air at times. Comfortable silence that always seemed to surround us. Jim glance down at his phone looking puzzled.

"What's up?" I asked. He frowned as he started to typed on his smart phone.

"Um...uh... My unit is heading over seas again" he responded still looking down at his phone. My fork dropped out of my hand hitting the plate with a high pitch thunk. That made Jim's worried eyes look back at me.

"W...What" I shuttered.

"Me and Brandon are leaving this weekend" Jim searched my eyes for anger. But anger wasn't the only thing he was going to find in my eyes. I wasn't just pissed off but confused and scared for his life.

"I thought you were out of the army?" a bitter taste of blood lace my taste buds. I bite my tongue so hard it started to bleed. He shook his head no making me look out the window and no where near him.

"I want to go home" I stated very matter of fact.

I felt Jim's eyes burn into my cheek as he looked at me. Ignoring the pain that surged through my heart and trouble breathing I stood up heading straight to Jim's truck out in the parking lot not even giving my boyfriend a glance. Jim knew better then to stop me when I was like this.

I stood in front of the truck leaning up against it. My arms crossed against my chest as thoughts of losing not just Jim over seas but also my last blood relative...Brandon. Tears threatened to spill over my eyes but I wasn't going to cry. Hold it in Eliza. Be strong stop being a pussy I gave myself the small pep talk before Jim walked out of the front doors. My head snapped in his direction but I quickly looked away from him. Tears were to close to spilling over.

"Eliza...Babe" I heard him sigh. I knew my reaction wasn't the one he wanted let alone this wasn't the way he wanted to tell me I'm sure. From a good night to a bad night within seconds.

"Eliza I know your pissed. I'm a little too but this is my job. I have work and I sever for the best country out there. Doesn't that mean something to you?" his voice cracked a little near the end. My head snapped in his direction again. Did he really think that his job didn't mean a damn thing to me?!? I pointed a finger at him as I started to mumble curse words at him.

"You think I'm flippen pissed? No Jim I'm way beyond pissed!" I growled out. Tears were so close to spilling over. I sucked in a breath counting to ten before I said something I would regret in the long run.

"Look Jim I think your job is one of the most amazing jobs in the world. I look up to you for serving our country but..." I trailed off as my voice became soft. I looked up at him through blurry eyes. He made this ten times harder when he looked as much pained as me.

"I can't lose you again Jim. I buried you once don't make me do it again" tears were now running down my face like a water fall. There was no stopping them now that they started. Jim's arms pulled me into his chest. His arms tightening around me as his hand moved up my back soothingly.

"Shh...I'm not gonna make you go though that again Eliza...Shh. Please baby it'll be ok I promise" he said in between my loud sobs.

Here I was a girl that never cried in front of people who was  now crying in front of Texas road house. My tears were now soaking Jim's shirt as I gripped onto his collar praying he wouldn't let go of me. I needed Jim to say with me. I couldn't let him go. Not now...Not ever.

So what you think? A little bit of a shocker. I didn't even know I was gonna do this chapter but I mean why not? We all need some excitement in our lives. Anyways from here on out we are taking a military twist on things. Hope you like it. :) <3