Chapter 10

My phone vibrated on my night stand. Uggg I slowly got up and grabbed my phone. The number was the dinner' s number.

"Hello" I answered.

" Hey Eliza it's Rosy" Rosy was  the other waitress that worked for the dinner but she was also the owner.

" Oh hey Rosy what's up?"

"Can you come to work a little earlier today? Say 9?" I looked over at my alarm clock. The clock read 8:30.

"I might be a little late but I'll try" I answered.

"That's fine. Just come as soon as you can please. I forgot I had a doctor's appointment today." She sounded urgent.

"Got to go" she cut the line short.

I put down the phone as I jumped out of bed. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a clean white shirt. I grabbed my hair brush and my cowboy boots. I picked up my brush and started to brush my hair as I walked to my truck. My little F-150 waited for me to start it. I jumped in taking off towards the center of colver.

                                           *****

"Have a nice day" I called as Mr. and Mrs. Thompson as they left the dinner.

I started to clean up their table as the Getings boys walked in. All three of the bothers came up to me.

"Howdy Mizz Eliza" the eldest, Kevin said.

I picked up my head to spot the men looking down at me. I stood up a little straighter then normal. These boys were trouble. Always were and always will be.

"Can I get you something?" I tried to sound nice.

"Well there's a party this Tuesday night. You should come with me" Kevin told.

"No sorry I got plans Tuesday night" I walked off to the counter with the boys hot on my trail.

"You can always cancel your plans" I whipped around to face him.

His words always seemed to come off as an order. I don't like being ordered around. Especially by a Getings boy.

"No. The answer is No!" I turned back to a customer to take their order.

To my surprise the Getings boys let me take the order and put it in with the cook.

"What you got planned baby?" he pulled at my wrist.

I ripped my wrist out of his hand.

"One I'm not your baby! And two, my plans are none of your business" I hissed. This boy was stupid if he didn't know by now that I don't like him.

"What's the matter boys? Eliza hiss at you?" Jim put his arms around two of the  Getings boys.

Including Kevin. I hadn't even realized Jim walk in. But then again I'm pretty fired up right now. I smiled as I looked at Jim. He handled things like this so calm and relaxed. The only time I'm relaxed when it comes to this stuff is when someone threatens to punch me. But not Jim. He's always was calm and  he barely ever yells at people. If he ever got in a fight or yelled at you had to do something pretty bad.

"You look familiar" Kevin said as he pointed a finger at Jim.

"Yeah? Probably because this isn't the first time you've flirted with my girl" Jim's voice getting sterner.

That reminded me about a time be for Jim had left for the Army. Kevin Getings always seemed to flirt with me even when he knew me and Jim were something. One time at a party Kevin had grabbed my ass. That sent Jim over the edge. Both men had tackled each other to the ground. Jim came out with a few bruises while Kevin came out with a black eye and a dislocated shoulder. I smiled at the memory.  "

"I don't like it when someone grabs you like that. I can't stand to see him flirt with you but I trust you. But if he ever lays a hand on you I'm going to step in"  was what Jim said that night when I drove him to place.

"Have a nice day" Jim's voice called out snapping me back to reality.

The Getings boys were walking out of the dinner. I started to laugh. Jim had scared them off with out doing a damn thing.

"I hate that guy" he mumbled as he sat down.

I went and got him a coffee. I set it down in front of him.

"I know you do. Thanks I think you got rid of him faster than I ever could"

"I trust you Eliza I just don't trust him" he looked back to the door probably waiting for Kevin to walk in.

"I know that too. How did you get here in such good timeing." I gave him a wink. That brought out a smile on his face.

"I was just coming for a coffee when I saw him grab your arm. I watched you hiss at him. Then I thought I would help you a little"

"Thank you again" I said. He struggled his shoulders.

"Your my girl. I have to watch out for you" he said. I just nodded my head.

"Don't forget that your girl can take care of her self" I said.

"I know" he seemed calm now.

"Got to go thanks for the coffee" he stood up.

He lend over the counter giving me a peek on the cheek be for he walked off. His jeans always seemed to fit in the right areas. He turned around be for he opened the door. He spotted me staring at him. My face turned red.

"Eyes up here hon. Eyes up here" he said.

"That's my line" I yelled at him. He rolled his eyes just be for he walked out the door.

I was glad that Jim had interfered. I could handle Kevin. Hell I've been dealing with Kevin for ever. It was just nice to have someone back me up. My mom couldn't do that since she was in France with my step dad. And my aunt well... She comes over to my place once in a while, but Jim had seemed to always have my back. Well at lest when I knew he was alive.