Chapter 21

"Eliza" Brandon whispered in my ear.

"Go away I'm sleeping" I swatted my hand in the air when it hit contact with some skin.

"ouch" I heard Brandon squeak out. I opened  up one of my eyes to see Brandon starring back at me rubbing his right cheek. I started to laugh knowing I left a mark on his sensitive cheek.

"Get up" Brandon growled pulling my blankets off my body. I hissed at him grabbing my blankets from him before they were gone for good. I grabbed  the blankets rolling back over into my bed falling back asleep.

"Eliza get up" Brandon started to shake my bed.

"Ugh go away" I started  to swing my arm around again.

"Fine. I guess  You don't want to go ice skating then" I heard Brandon whistle his way to my door. My eyes popped open. I rolled back over starring at Brandon who stood by my door smiling at me.

"You were serious about the skating?"  I asked.

"Duh" Brandon said all girly like as he swung his hand in the air. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity when he smacked his hand on the door frame.

"So we're going skating?" I asked  trying to clarify what we were going to do. Brandon nodded his head as he massaged his hurt hand.

"No girlfriend" I raised my eyebrow at Brandon.

"No boyfriend" Brandon pointed at me.

"Deal" I smiled.

"K now get dressed and met me down stairs" Brandon shut my door leaving me alone  in my bed. I sighed  as I rolled  out of bed hitting the floor with my body. It hurt for a second then I just got up and went straight to the bathroom to pee.

****At the ice rink

I stepped  onto the ice almost falling onto my butt from the slipperness of the ice. Once I got my feet under  me I took off down the rink as Brandon struggled to get his feet under him. I laughed  at him as he went straight down on his first push off. He sent me a playful glare as he got back up. I skated around  the rink feeling the ice under my feet that made me feel so alive  inside. I spun around in a circle straightening my arms out. There were two things in this world that made me feel so alive. One horse back riding and two ice skating. Both made my icy heart swell up with joy. I skated around  Brandon as his legs shook again ready to give out on him.

"Come on Brandon it was you and Cory who took me skating for my first time" I reminded Brandon of that day. A smile crossed my face as I remembered my dead cosine who died in combat.

Cory was my other older male cosine. He was so good at ice skating that for awhile I thought he would go play for the Pittsburgh penguin team. He never  did but his talent on the ice  only increased. At the age of nine both Brandon and Cory took me to an ice arena letting me try out my frozen water  legs. I picked  it up pretty fast listening to what ever tip Cory was  willing to tell me. Brandon was  never really that good but Cory was an expert. He took to the ice like a fish took to water. Cory played hockey on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week with his best friends when he wasn't away at camp or off over seas where we lost him.

"Eliza!" Brandon yelled snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked over  at Brandon seeing him skating over to me. I slowly capped my hands at him.

"Thank you thank you" he tried to bow but he almost hit the ice. I started to laugh again until I got the evil eye from Brandon. I stopped laughing but all of a sounded I heard someone's deep laugh. I turned  around to see Shep and Johnny tiring up their skates.

"Just like old times" Brandon mumbled beside me. I looked down at the ice. I could see all the marks on the ice from the skates blades.

"No..Cory's not here" I mumbled back. There wasn't one mark on this ice from Cory. I sighed when I felt a strong hand on my shoulder.

"He's still skating with us Eliza" Brandon whispered in my ear. I nodded my head not wanting some sappy speech from Brandon. I get enough of those as it is.

"So we gonna play a little hockey?" Shep asked as the boys hit the ice. My eyed light up at the idea of playing hockey.

"Hell yeah" I skated a circle around the boys.

"No figure skaters aloud to play" Johnny teased me.

"Well some one is afraid of what I can do" I winked at him

"Fine you can play. I'll go call some boys to come play with us" Johnny skated off to go make a few calls.

I skated around the arena waiting for all the boys to get here. Shep would join me once in a while but then he would go skate with Brandon trying to get him to stay up long enough for him to get on a team. I frowned as Shep grabbed  Brandon's arm pulling him along the ice. Just as Shep let go of Brandon's arm Brandon started to skate like a normal person. I smiled proudly as I watched  Brandon make a whole lap with out falling down.

"Hey it's the whole gang" I heard a firmilar voice from my past. I turned around to see a black hair green eyed hockey player at the edge of the ice.

"No" I said in shock.

"Yeah. Cory's little cousin" He pointed at me. I nodded my head as I speed skated to the firmilar man. I stopped  short of hitting him.

"You grew up fast and pretty" he looked me up and down dragging out the word pretty. I blushed slightly then brushed off his words.

"Thank you. I don't mean to be rude but do I know you?" I starred at him harder hopping I would remember his name or how I knew him.

"You don't remember me? I mean come on I play for your favorite hockey team... I use to play with your cousin Cory all the time" he was trying to jog my memory but it wasn't really working.

"You look familiar but..." I starred at him harder. Why couldn't I remember this guy?

"Come on" he started. His smile never  dimed as I thought harder.

"Uh Um" I started  to snap my fingers as his name  was on the tip of my tongue. Cory use to know all the Pittsburgh penguin player before he died. I only met him once at a game  but I couldn't remember which player I met.

"Neil" I shouted. I looked up at the hockey boy who was smiling ear to ear.

"The one and only" he smiled at me.

"Eeee" I squealed as I jumped into his arms. Neil's arms wrapped around me swing me around even though we were both on the ice and in ice skates.

My memory suddenly remembered Neil. Neil use to go to school with Cory and play  hockey with all of us. That lasted  in till Neil went and tried out for the Pittsburgh penguins. Of course Neil made it leaving us in the dust and him on the ice. Once in awhile Neil would get us free tickets to the games and let me tell you they were really good seats. At one point before Cory left for his last time over seas Neil let us met the whole team. Which I know made Cory's day and probably life.

"Hey you two! You gonna play or not?" Shep yelled at me and Neil. Neil set me back down on the ice.

"Yeah but Eliza on my team" Neil grabbed my wrist dragging me over to his side of the ice. I grabbed a hockey stick and a puck.

"Ok so a pro and Eliza against me, Brandon, and Johnny. Not fair" Shep yelled again.

"Life ain't fair" I yelled back. And with that Neil dropped the puck on the ice signaling that the game has began.