Chapter 6

"I need to get you home" Jim broke our kiss.

"I know"

His hands pulled my waist in closer to his body. His arm wrapping around me. He felt as if he would never let me go. I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong. It felt good to have Jim's lips on mine again. His lips touched mine again. Harder then the last one.

"Ok. I really need to get you home" He broke the kiss again.

"And again I know" I smiled up at him.

"I don't want to let you go. Last time I let you go..." He trailed off.

We both knew what happened last time he let go. He let me go and hadn't came back in two and a half years. I took my hands away from their spot on the back of his neck. He quickly grabbed my hands with his. He looked into my eyes. His navy blue eyes seemed to glistened under the moonlight.

"I'm serious. I'm afraid to let you go" I couldn't help but chuckle at that.

"Please, lost me? I should be the one scared to let go" I said trying to let him not be afraid about letting go of my hands.

"I know" his voice had a hint of hurt.

"Hey let's go" I pulled at his hands.

I almost started to jog just trying to drag his body by us holding hands. He finally gave in allowing me to lead him back to his truck. When we reached the truck I reached for the door handle.

"Not so fast" Jim stopped my hand from opening the door. 

His hand went on my waist spinning me around so my back was against his truck. I gave him a devilish grin as his other hand cupped the back of my head. He leaned in with his lips meeting mine. I reached up behind his head. My thumb rubbed a spot just below his cut hair that I remembered drove him crazy. He moaned as soon as I had started. A smile broke out on my face as he kissed harder. I pulled back from him completely out of breath. He stood in front of me with one of his hands on my cheek and the other on my hip.

"I really need to get home" I stated.

"I know" he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek as he left to jump in his driver seat.

I opened up my door and got in the truck.

"You drive me crazy Miss Eliza, even in those damn jeans" I blushed at his words.

He started to drive me home. I was happy that he didn't want to let me go. Hell I didn't want to let him go. I was 20 now, and he is 24. Hmm I thought at what we could do. I needed to stop. I felt like just when I have him something will happen to ruin it.

                                         *****

"Here we are" he said as the truck stopped by my house.

"Yeah. Thanks for the good time Jim" I opened up my door getting ready to get out.

"Eliza!" he called.

I turned around holding onto the open truck door.

"I want to see you again. Like really soon" he said as he leaned over his seat.

"Well I want to hear your whole story about being dead. So I guess real soon then" I replied.

"Well I'll be happy to tell you. Your numbers still the same right?"

"Yes Jim. It never changed" with that I shut the truck door and walked up to my front door.

Jim honked the horn just as he turned around in my driveway.

I flopped on my couch as I thew my phone on the coffee table. I snuggled up against a couch pillow. It felt  good to have Jim back in my arms. Suddenly my phone started to vibrate. A odd number came up. I read the text.

Hey Eliza. It's me Jim. I'm already missing your sweet lips. Sleep well

I replied

Miss ya too. Figure out a day when I can hear the whole story.

I smiled at his simple text. Sweet and simple that was always Jim. Somethings never change. I picked myself up and walked off to my room. My phone vibrated again.

Night sweet thing.

That's all it read. I feel asleep to his voice in my head calling me sweet thing. Just like it use to be.