Chapter 31

Eliza point of view

"Watch your step" Jim gripped onto my arm a little harder as we stepped up the last step onto my porch.

"I know Eliza. I'm not a child" he sounded ignored.

"I know Jim. Trust me I know" I mumbled the last part as I opened up the door letting Jim go in first.

"Oh shit" he cursed.

"What?" I raced to his side shutting the door behind me.

"Jim what's wrong"I started to panic as he leaned over almost on the ground. Then I heard it. I heard him laughing.

"What the fuck Jim!" I thought about smacking his arm but I really didn't want him to go on the ground. He was still trying to figure out his new leg.

"You care about me" he gave me a puppy dog face as he stood up.

"No dip Sherlock" I made my way over to the stair case pointing upwards.

"up" I said blankly.

"Shit" he cursed some what under his breath.

"Yeah now would be the time to swear" I smiled evily at him. He took the first step up while I jumped a few steps above him.

"Stop making it look so easy" he gruffed out. He was slowing losing his breath the farther he climbed. We had eleven stairs on this stair case. I know it wasn't gonna kill him. If this boy could live after an I.E.D explosion and being sent twenty feet or higher in the air he could live through this.

"Come on boy! You can do it" I cheered Jim on. He cursed again under his breath and mumbled something about him not being a dog or something about don't rattle his cage.

He reached the top steps almost completely out of breath. I smiled proudly at him as he took my arm again to steady himself as we made our into my room. I set down his military back pack in a corner as he sat down on the bed.

"God. I thought I would never be out of breath by just walking up the stairs" I chuckled softly at his comment. Boy he really didn't know what was coming did he?

"It's just the beginning" I said as I sat down next to him.

"I know. Don't remind me" he groaned as he laid down on his back.

"I know hon" I rubbed his arm as I strapped off his leg. Yeah that doesn't sound normal.

Jim curled up to one of the pillows. I smiled down at him. The sight reminds me of my small baby cousin Jade who always snuggles into her pillow. And sure enough Jim grabbed the pillow pulling it closer to him.

"Awe. My baby boy. Night Jim" I whispered. I leaned down kissing him softly on the cheek. A smile crossed his face before I got up and left him to sleep peacefully in my bed alone.

I walked down the stairs trying to be quite as I heard muffled whispers coming from the kitchen. Giving Brandon and Christina some privacy in the kitchen I plopped down on the couch turning on the tv. I flipped through the channels trying to find a good show. I found Impractical Jokers. I turned it on and automatically I start laughing my ass off. I laid down letting my head hit the pillow. As soon as it did and my laughter died down I fell asleep. Goodness it felt good not to be laying down in the hospital bed or chair.

*****Morning sleepy beauty

"Eliza...ELIZA!!"

"EEeee" I squealed falling off the couch landing straight on the floor but not before my head smacked the coffee table corner.

"Holy...son of a biscuit!!" I grabbed my head looking up to see who in the world thought it was a good idea to wake me up. Brandon stood there ready for my yelling storm but I was in no mood for yelling.

"What do you need Brandon?" I stood up rubbing my forehead. Gosh that coffee table hurts.

"Well guess what day it is" he poked my side earning him a swat.

"I don't know. July something" I mumbled.

"July fourth stupid" Brandon rolled his eyes as I walked in to the kitchen to pour myself some OJ.

"So..." I said taking a sip out of my glass.

"So.... I need you to go to the store and get some fireworks. Come on I'll invite the boys and Jim is here so it can kinda be for him and kinda for our country" Brandon seemed about as happy as a dog when you give them a pig ear.

"Fine...But Jim just got here yesterday Brandon. Don't you think this is too much too fast?" I swirled my juice around in its cup.

"I think he needs this Eliza. He's been in a hospital room for four weeks and a half. I think it's time for him to feel a little free" Brandon came up to my side pulling me into his arms. I set my glass down on the counter as I hugged Brandon harder.

"You know. I think Jim is doing better on this then you" Brandon whispered as he pulled back to look at me. I gave him a shy smile but no answer. I had put a lot of pressure on me but I put all this pressure on me so I wouldn't put any on Jim. He had enough to work out and worry about and he didn't need one of those girlfriends that thought they were getting neglected.

"Ok I'll get the fireworks under one condition" I pointed my finger at Brandon.

"Anything" he smiled.

"You watch Jim for the day in till I get back. I really would like to be a girl for I don't know....a little bit of tonight" I smiled a lopsided smile both thinking about me being pretty for a while but that means I have to go shopping for either a) a dress or b) new something.

"Deal girly" Brandon hugged me one more time before bolting out of the room. He was probably making sure I wouldn't change my mind on him. This day was going to be amazing.