chapter 8

He started.

"When I left here I went straight over seas to the battle. I was part of a secret group suppose to be on a mission that only us guys in the regiment and the Pentagon would know about. That's why I wouldn't tell you for the longest time I was in the Amy, because I knew that I would spill the whole mission to you" he took another breath in. He squeezed my hands a little hard as he continued.

"I didn't even know the country I was in. I just remember climbing in the jungle. As me and a few other guys who where in my regiment started down a trail one guy hit a land mine" I sucked in a sharp breath. A tear seemed to threaten to spill over as he remembered that moment.

"He blew up. I remember his blood being thrown every where. Some of the other guys including me got a little bit on our clothes and faces hit with it. I then I got my surrounding back around me. I told the guys if one of us died then we have to collect the dog tags for their family. I reached down and grabbed the man's dog tag it read Jack Smith." He paused. I remembered that name from when Newt finally became Jim that I had grew up with and loved.

" We kept down the trail. I don't remember much after that besides waking up in a hospital bed. My sergeant stood by my bed side and so did the president. They gave orders to me to become a different man. They said the secret mission hadn't worked out like it should have. So I became Newt. Then they told me they sent the letters. They told you and my parents I was dead!" he seemed pissed off by this idea. I knew it must have hurt him.

"I went straight home after they realised me. I had to make sure my mama knew I was ok. Then I headed to this town as fast as I could to find you. I didn't know how much I needed you in till you were no longer by my side. I just didn't know you would be alone. I thought I would have to fight with a boyfriend to get you back."

I was getting choked up. I could probably never understand the government or the whole story. But I did understand my feelings towards Jim. He stood up pulling me up with him. His arms slid around my waist. His hands pulled me closer. But there was no need to pull me closer to him. My body reacted by snuggling my head on his chest and coming so close to his body so no air was between us.

"Lets go in the living room" his voice whispered.

We headed in to the living room. We picked out a movie. Jim rested his feet on the coffee table. I sat down next to him on my couch. His arm laid behind me.

"I don't bit. Well at lest not hard" he said as I sat with space between us.

I shoved his shoulder as he gave out a chuckle. I snuggled up against his body. I rested my head on his shoulder. As I angled my body so I was more comfortable I heard him take in a sharp breath.

"You all right?" I asked as I pulled my head away from his shoulder to look at him.

"Eliza you have know idea what you do to me. Just simply moving or walking makes me have to count to ten be for I pull you to your room" His voice was getting husky.

I laughed as my cheeks turned pink. His fore finger picked up my chin so I looked at him.

"Come here" he whispered.

I leaned in to his body as the movie started. I couldn't help but have dirty thoughts run though my mind. Especially since Jim's fingers were making small circles on my arm. Part of me wanted him to just take me in to my room. But I knew better then to jump into things. Heck that's why I'm still a flippen virgin at 20 years old.