Chapter 20

"Hold still would ya?" I complained to Jim as he flinched away from my hand again.

"It hurts" Jim groaned as I finally got the cold ice pack onto his black eye. We were both in my bathroom. I had made Jim sit down on the closed toilet seat so I could get a better look at his black eye.

"If Eliza loves him then leave them alone!" I heard Christina's voice echo through the house. I flinched at how bitter she sounded.

"You alright?" Jim place his hand on mine that was holding the ice pack to his eye. I nodded my head.

"She seems like a perfect match for Brandon" Jim said. We both started to laugh at that intill I heard a knock on the door. I looked over at the door to see Christina standing there smiling at us.

"Hi I'm Christina. Sorry about smacking you with my car" she looked down at the ground.

"It's fine. The worst you probably did was bruise a few of my ribs" Jim shrugged but then his face scrunched up in pain.

"I hope that's all I did" She said as she sat down on the edge of the bath tub. She sat there silently as I cleaned up Jim's broken lip.

"So your Jim. You know Eliza said a lot about you. But I could have sworn I went to your funeral" Christina looked at Jim completely confused. Jim and me both sighed.

"You did" Jim mumbled.

"Care to explain?" Christina place her head in her hands as she leans  in for the story. I rolled my eyes. This really wasn't one of my favorite stories.

"I'll be back" I excused my self as I slipped out of the bathroom. I walked down stairs to see Brandon running his hands through his hair. He seemed nervous.

"Hey. Where are the boys?" I asked. Johnny and Shep were still around by the time I had got inside. Brandon's head snapped up. He rubbed his face with his hand before he spoke up.

"They went to get me some more beer. Turns out we drank it all last night" he didn't even look me in the eye. I sighed. I took a seat next to him at the table.

"Look I know your pissed off about me and Jim. I know that we are everything we have left but if you get to have Christina then why can't I have Jim?" I tried to sound calm but I knew that my voice was strained. Brandon shook his head.

"I'm sorry Eliza. But don't you remember what you did the first time I brought Christina home?" Brandon raised his eyes up to meet mine. I started  to laugh as I replayed the memory in my mind.

Flash back.

I stood nervously by the front door waiting for Brandon to bring home his new girlfriend. He claims  to love her with all his heart. I couldn't lose Brandon. Not now not ever. The door opened  up with a tall skinny blond hair girl in a knee high light pink flowery dress. She was beautiful that was for sure. I have  no idea why she picks  Brandon then. Her bright blue eyes sparkled as she smile  at me.

"Eliza this is Christina, Christina this is Eliza my cousin" Brandon gave me a look that told me to behave.

I smile  innocently before I shook her hand. I used  one of those hand shockers on her. Oh boy I have never seen a girl jump so high or scream so loud. I burst out laughing Brandon frowned and Christina rubbed her now numb hand.

"Eliza why don't you go get the food and bring it out to the picnic table? I'm sorry Christina" he mumbled the last part in her ears. I rolled my eyes but went and got the plate of finger sandwiches that Brandon made me make. Why finger sandwiches? The world my never know.

I got the sandwiches but put a twist on a few  of them. For any of you guys that have ever watched  Nanny Mcfee then you've probably seen the part were the kids put worms in the sandwiches. Yeah well I did that.

I sat the sandwiches down at the table then went and hid behind a tree. I watched as Christina grabbed a sandwich with some worms in it. She took a bit into it biting a worm right in half. She  screamed, Brandon about threw up, and I died laughing while dry heaving because let me tell you it's not a pretty sight to see a worm being bit in half.

End of flash back

"That was gross" I squealed.

"Yeah tell me about that. How she ever forgave you I don't know" Brandon shook his head.

It was true. After  that  Brandon made me say sorry to her. Next day Christina took me out to eat were neither of us made dinner. While we ate together I explained why I did it all. And how Brandon was the only family I had left and I didn't want to lose him to some girl. She understood and became a sister to me. Giving me another family member to lean on when I need it.

"If I was her I would have  dropped you and killed myself" I laughed out.

"Right with ya sister" Brandon raised his hand up in the air as if we were at church.

"How's the eye?" I asked pointing to the black eye Jim had given him. Brandon groaned.

"Hurts like hell. Did you know that boy has a hard right hook?" Brandon asked.

"So what I'm hearing is he kicked your ass?" I smiled at Brandon who just rolled his eyes.

"Speaking of that boy were is he?"

"He's up stairs in my bathroom with Christina telling the story about his the funeral" I answered flatly.

"Oh. So their bonding and we are..."

"Just talking" I answered for him. He nodded his head.

"When was  the last time we actually bonded?" Brandon asked.

"I think it was at Jim's funeral. Which I didn't know but Jim came to his own funeral" I looked at Brandon trying to turn the subject away from us not being as close as we us to be.

"We should do something fun together. Just me and you. No girlfriend and no boyfriend talk" Brandon stood up clapping his hands together.

"I'd love that. But what are we gonna do?" I asked. Brandon looked outside. It was almost fall.

"Lets go to the hockey rink. Me and you can go skate around like old times" He suggested.

"Sounds like a plan" I jumped up hugging Brandon.

Matter what he did or what he says I know that deep down I will always forgive him and always love him. I mean he is the only blood family I had left.

A/N
Hey guys! Hope you like the story so far. Vote comment ask questions I don't care I just want to know that this book is at least ok. If you enjoy this book you might enjoy my other books as well. Walking with my angle, Rodeo Love, All I need is that horse, I stole the crowns and you stole my heart. All those are completed except for Walking with my angle. Hope you enjoy. Love you all! :)