Chapter 18

I tapped  the counter nervously. They boys were still outside  drinking way war stories. My mind was  wondering why in the hell I even gave away my purity. I snatched a beer from the frigid. I popped the metal top off the long neck bottle. My thoughts were getting out of control when I felt a pair of arms slid around my waist. I tried to get out of it but the grip only tightened.

"Jim just let go" I slammed my beer onto the counter. I knew all to well how Jim's arms felt around me.

"What's the matter Eliza?" Jim released me from his grip.

His voice showed no sign of slurring but I didn't want to be near him at this moment. My heart told me to just crawl up in his arms and sleep while my brain was still thinking.

"Nothing" I mumbled as my head hung low.

"Come on Eliza don't give me that shit" nope I was wrong he was a little drunk because his voice held anger.

"No. I'm fine Jim. So just go back to talking with the boys. I know when I'm not welcomed. And  I'm fine being in here alone. I got to clear my mind anyways" I pushed  past Jim. He yanked on my arm.

"Eliza" he growled. I looked him straight in the eyes.

"Leave me alone" I matched his tone. His eyes softened a little. Just so silently that you could barely tell unless you have looked  into those beautiful blue eyes so many times before.

"Ok" his voice almost sounding pained as  his hand released me. I stepped away from him rubbing my wrist. It was  red and hurt from his tight grip he had  placed on me.

"Thanks" I mumbled before I walked out of the kitchen.

My mind was spinning as I jumped onto one of our fourwheelers. I turned  the key allowing the engine to roar to life. I hit the gas as the trails came into view. As the mud slung up from the tires I dogged the low hanging branches. I felt like I was thinking to much about this but I couldn't help it. It's called guilt when you promise so many people that your stay a virgin till your married. And I mean full heartily promise the people so close to you that are now six feet under the ground. I took a sharp turn around a tree. The mud sling up hitting another fourwheeler. I just rolled my eyes and  kept driving.  As I pulled back onto my property the sun was down completely. Now the full moon lit up the sky. I killed the engine before I started  up to the porch. As my foot stepped on the last step I heard my name being whispered. I turned around to barley make out Jim sitting on my porch swing. I sighed. I know he wants to talk but I just wasn't really in the mood.

"Can we talk? I fell like I did something." His voice was soft as he spoke to me.

"You didn't do anything" I whispered  back.

"Come here" He patted the seat next to him.

I let out a defeated sigh. I sat down next to him. His arm pulled  my body into his. I pulled my legs up so I was praticly curled up in his arms. I snuggle my face into his chest. It was just my reaction when his arm touches me. He's smell of fresh pine needles smell filled  up my nose as  he starts  to play with my long hair.

"So what has you on edge sweet heart" he said calling me by a nickname I hated.  I rolled my eyes even if he couldn't tell.

"Everything always had me on the edge" I admitted.

"True but you seem more on edge then normal" he points  out to me.  I struggled my shoulders.

"It's just one of those days"

"Wait so your on your period?" Jim asked. I broke out into a fit of laughter.

"No you dork" I smacked  his shin which was the closest thing near me for me to smack.

"I'm a dork fish" he said in a stupid voice. I gave out another laugh. As my laughter grew a snort escaping from my lips. I hurried up covering my mouth.

"Awe my baby girl snorts like a pig" I sat up quickly glaring at him. But that failed too as I looked at his childish look.

"I'm not a pig" I pouted. Plopping my bottom lip out a lot. Now that made him laugh.

"So you still love me" Jim poked me in my side.

"I still love you" I sighed. Jim attacked me as he pulled  me into his lap as he tickled my sides.

"Mercy mercy!!" I breathed out.

"Love you" Jim smirked as he raised his hands up in the surrendering position.

"I know" I smirked.

Hey all my readers. I want to give a shout out to Emily. It's her b-day!!! Happy birthday Emily!!! :) sorry for no editing FYI