Chapter 21

My heart grew warm when I heard her gasp, and I knew that she was in awe again over this place. I wanted to look at her, to see her face, but I was happy to have her on my back and for her to be comfortable around me. And, I didn't want her to move from her spot only so that I could see her face and how she looked while she looked at the cove.

"Well?" my sister asked impatiently, and I could have growled a warning at her if it wasn't for the fact that my mate didn't know about Werewolves again. She stole a glance at me and shot me an apologetic look before she looked at my mate with a raised eyebrow. "What do you think?"

"It's beautiful," she breathed out, the awe in her voice strong. She sounded so breathless that it stole my breath away and left me speechless, even though I wasn't the one with my breath stolen. "I've been here before," she said. "Haven't I?" She squeezed me, and I knew that she wanted me to answer her query.

I nodded in confirmation and cleared my throat. "Yes," I said, my voice cracking for some reason. I cleared my throat again and licked my lips while I stared at the sight before us. "You've been here a lot over your childhood."

"Huh," she said and nodded slowly. She looked the way that she came before she looked around. "There was another way to get here, wasn't there?" she asked. She moved her legs straight, and I knew that she wanted to stand on her own two feet again.

"Maybe," I replied and gently set her down on her feet again. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and looked at her, her eyes shining bright like stars glowing against a dark background.

I cleared my throat and licked my lips, and her gaze went to them. A small blush appeared on my face, and I cleared my throat again because she left me so speechless that I couldn't form any other words.

Melody bit her lip to keep herself from laughing at me, and when the laugh did escape, she covered it up with a cough. "What do you remember?" she asked, still trying not to laugh at the fact that I was so speechless around her.

'Shut up,' I said, and she shot me a grin. I narrowed my eyes at her when my mate wasn't looking, and my sister's grin grew wider and more triumphant. 'Why the hell are you making fun of me?'

Serenity shrugged and cleared her throat. "Not much," she admitted. She rubbed the bridge of her nose and grimaced while she tried to remember a past that was taken away from her. "All I remember is... chasing a young boy around, and he would dart into a clearing and then plunge into a lake." She shook her head and sighed, annoyed. "I think he tried to scare me once or twice from the lake, but that is it."

'Because you are acting like a lovesick pup, TJ,' she replied smugly, and I scowled and narrowed my eyes at her. "There is another way through some trees that guards this place, but this is the best place to get the whole view." She gestured around the area, and Serenity took in all of the sights that this place had to offer. "Besides, this is the best place to jump into the lake."

'When you meet your mate, you will understand,' I replied, pressing my lips into a thin line. 'I can not wait for you to meet yours, and you look like a lovesick pup when you are in his presence.'

Serenity hesitated but nodded while my sister glared at me. She furrowed her brows in confusion and looked around before she looked at me and caught my innocent look. She furrowed her brows further and cocked her head while she studied me. "Why are you looking like that?" she asked. "Why do you have an innocent but not innocent look going on?"

"I have no idea what you mean," I replied and kept looking innocent. 'Thanks, Mel,' I said sarcastically, and she gave me a smug look.

Serenity frowned and ducked her chin closer to her chest while she gave me a pointed look, and I had to keep the innocent look going, even though all I wanted to do was smile at her softly. Her blue eyes were filled with amusement, and I could tell that she didn't believe me or the fact that I wasn't as innocent as I tried to seem. "Well?" she asked in a voice that almost took my breath away while she raised an eyebrow. "Are you going to tell me?"