Chapter 26

I put my brother down on the ground as soon as we made it off the ledge and the rock wall. "Ready to go swimming?" I asked and raised an eyebrow while I stared at him.

My brother grimaced and shrugged. "Yes," he said and handed Serenity's stuff to me. "I don't want them to ask questions about why I didn't want to jump in," he said. "Can you make sure that they don't?"

I nodded and frowned. "I can," I promised, and my brother's shoulders sagged with relief while he breathed a sigh of relief. "Is it something that I have to be worried about, though?" I asked and cocked my head while I studied him.

Julius shook his head, no. "Nothing bad happened to me," he said. "I will tell you if something bad does happen so that you can go all scary Alpha mode on them." He growled and made a claw motion, and I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"Very funny, Julius," I said, and he grinned triumphantly. "I will not do that unless you are actively being hurt, but then again, you can take care of yourself too." I gave him a pointed look while I started to walk to my mate, and he shrugged and followed me.

Julius shrugged again while he made it to my side. "But you outrank me," he said.

"You are still an Alpha son," I said and shook my head. "We are the same rank. You might not be the next in line, but we are still the same tank."

Julius shrugged a third time. "I don't want to be an Alpha," he admitted. "It seems like it is too much stress, and I don't want that in my life."

"It's not that bad, not yet at least,'" I said. "Mom and Dad make sure that we are prepared for it. There might be a chance that you are mated to a Beta, Luna, or an Alpha because of our bloodline."

Julius wrinkled his nose and scowled while he groaned. "I am going to let my mate handle everything then," he said. "I don't want to do it."

I nodded. "That is your choice, but you will remain as an Alpha. You won't have to act as one, but you will remain in it."

Julius groaned and slouched forward while he wrinkled his nose in disgust. "Why though?" he asked. "Can't I not do it because I am not planning on being an Alpha?"

I shook my head no. "Everyone else is getting the training too," I said. "It isn't just me. You'll be starting it shortly."

Julius groaned again. "Why?" he asked.

"To make sure that you are prepared if something happens to me or to everyone else that is before you," I said. "You don't want to be caught up in anything dangerous that you don't understand, do you?" I raised an eyebrow and gave him a pointed look.

My brother wrinkled his nose and shook his head no. "I do not," he said with a soft sigh and moved a hand through his hair. "Will you be there?" He looked at me, hopefully.

"If you want me to be there through training," I replied and nodded. "I've been there for everyone at the beginning and then stopped going when they were ready for it to just be them and Mom and Dad."

"But what if I am not ready for it?" Julius asked. He looked hesitant, and it hurt that he didn't think he was capable of being a strong Alpha when I knew that he could be. "Or never am?"

"Then I will take the training all over again," I replied and shrugged. "It's not like I don't need it because unlike you, I don't have a choice." I winked and grinned, and my brother rolled his eyes and grinned.

"Very funny, TJ," he said and nudged my side. "Very funny."

"I know," I replied and shrugged while I grinned. "I am so funny that it hurts for you to laugh."