Chapter 29

I moved a hand through my hair the following morning, getting nervous about picking up my mate. I hated that I wasn't able to see her last night but had a feeling it was because her parents did not want her to hang out with me for whatever reason.

Did I look fine? I asked and pursed my lips in annoyance before I moved away from the mirror to make sure that I looked presentable for her and make her fall in love with me.

Damn, I sound like a girl. I pursed my lips in annoyance before I moved my hand through my hair and made it messy. Stop.

"Hurry up, TJ," my sister yelled from my bedroom door after she knocked on my door. "The Price train is about to leave without you."

I rolled my eyes and scowled. "That's funny because I am the one that is driving us," I said before I fixed my hair again but moved it to the other side before I growled and tried again. "It's not leaving until I am leaving."

"Ya, well, we still have to pick up your girlfriend, so let's get a move on. Don't tell me you were trying to impress your mate."

I rolled my eyes again but didn't say a word because she told me not to tell her.

"Well?" my sister asked, and I had a feeling that she raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

Still, I didn't say a word, and my sister groaned and banged her head against the door a couple of times.

"Are you trying to impress your mate?" she asked. She sighed, and I had a feeling that she shook her head. "You can answer the question if you are," she added as if she knew that I wouldn't unless she said something differently.

"Yes," I said and nodded. "I-I'm trying to impress my mate. I'm not sure if I am looking good enough or not for her."

"Can I come in and see?" my sister asked, and I had a feeling that she raised an eyebrow.

"You can," I said and moved my hand through my hair again, messing everything up to try and do something else. I growled annoyed before I grabbed a brush and started to brush my hair.

My sister walked into my room and leaned against the bathroom door, watching me brush my hair and trying to style it in a different way. "Well, don't you look sharp," she teased, and I growled softly. "Your hair looks fine, TJ. Stop messing with it."

"I can't," I said and scowled. "I don't want to look homeless."

"Well, it is a good thing that you don't look homeless with your hair done either way," she said sarcastically. She grabbed my brush from my hand when I went to change my hairstyle again, and I growled and narrowed my eyes, annoyed.

"Mel!" I exclaimed with a yelp when she smacked me with it. I glared and narrowed my eyes while I looked at her. "What the fuck?"

"That's for growling at me, Mister," she scolded, and I scowled and narrowed my eyes while I looked at her. "Now, sit on the toilet." She pointed at the toilet, and I slowly blinked, annoyed but didn't do what she told me to do.

"Why?' I asked and raised an eyebrow.

"You will know when I get done," she replied while she dipped her head closer to her chest. "Now, sit."

I held back an eye roll but did what she told me to do and sat on the toilet, turning away from her.

"She's attracted to you no matter what you look like, TJ," she said while she started to mess with my hair. "You don't have to be someone that you are not."

I wrinkled my nose and pursed my lips but didn't say a word. My whole body was tense, but I trusted my sister enough to know that she would make sure that I would look good.