Chapter 31

I was able to drop Serenity off without a hitch and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that she made it back safely into her house. "Thank Goddess," I said, earning a few snickers from my siblings.

I furrowed my brows and cocked my head while I looked at them. "What?" I asked, amused and a little hurt that they were laughing at me. "What'd I do?"

"Nothing," Mel said, still snickering while she shook her head. "I am just amazed how smitten you are with your mate, even though she doesn't know that she is your mate."

I rolled my eyes and scowled while I made the long drive back to our house so that I could drop them off and then pick up the rest of my siblings. "Very funny, Mel," I said, my cheeks turning slightly red. "Remind me to act the same way when you find your mate." I flashed her a small smirk and a wink, and her cheeks instantly grew red.

"Oh, please, don't, TJ," she said while she shook her head and cleared her throat, her cheeks turning a darker shade of red. "Please, don't act like that. I was only joking with you. I did not mean anything about it. I promise."

I narrowed my eyes teasingly and bit back a small smile. "Uh huh," I said. "And why is it that I do not believe that you are joking?" I raised an eyebrow in question while I stared at her before I turned my attention back to the road.

My sister's heart skipped a beat before it pounded harder in her chest. "I don't know," she said before she cleared her throat and shook her head. "I wish I did, but I do not know what you're talking about, TJ."

"Liar, liar, pants on fire," my youngest sister, Kerri, said, and I bit back a small snort and rolled my eyes. "Why don't you go ahead and tell the truth, Melody? You are making fun of TJ because he is smitten with his mate."

She started to make kissy faces at me, and my cheeks turned red while I shifted in my seat.

"Hush, Kerri May," I said and looked at her, and she looked at me and grinned, turning her gaze back to me. I narrowed my eyes teasingly, smiling. "Or else, I will do the same thing to you."

Kerri shrugged and looked nonchalant while her cheeks grew red. "That's fine," she said before she cleared her throat and shifted in her seat. "I wasn't going to have a boyfriend yet anyway, so you can do that to your heart's desires."

I bit back a small snort and shook my head, but I didn't say another word while I drove the rest of the way home.

"So, are you going to ask Dad if Serenity can do paperwork?" Kerri asked, changing the subject. "Or was that something you told her so that she would leave the car and not ask any more questions?"

I bit back a small sigh and shook my head again, my heart yearning for her to be in the passenger seat again. "Both?" I asked before I cleared my throat and tapped my finger on the steering wheel. "It was both."

They stayed silent and looked at each other before they looked at me, slowly blinking.

Again, I cleared my throat and tapped my finger on the steering wheel some more. "It's a bit of both, but it is mainly so that I can spend more time with her and get her to trust me and the matebond."

She slowly nodded and furrowed her brows. "Are you worried about her knowing about wolves and finding out about us?" Kerri asked, and I shook my head no.

"She already knows about wolves being on the land we live on," I replied. "Mom and Dad said that it was fine, so she knows about them and has seen some."

"What about her finding information that she shouldn't know about?" Melody asked while she raised an eyebrow in question. "I mean, I think it'd be suspicious if she figures out that there are things blacked out such as the word "pack.""