Chapter 33

We made it to the elementary school and saw that the siblings from the middle school were standing there as well.

They looked bored and annoyed that they had to wait for so long, and I bit back a small amused snort.

"It looks like they are annoyed and bored," I said while I looked at Mel with a raised eyebrow before I looked at the road again, waiting for the other cars to pull up so that I could collect them. "They had other options to get home, and yet they wanted to stay and wait for me."

"They do," she said while she slowly nodded. "I am glad that they aren't left alone, though." She gestured to a few other students that were waiting for their parents as well as the teachers. "They aren't pack members, right?" she asked while she raised an eyebrow in question, looking at me with a concerned look on her face. "I mean, we can take them home if they are."

I looked at the other kids and noticed that they weren't any of our kids, so I shook my head no, breathing a small sigh of relief. "They aren't," I said. "I think all of the kids are home now, even though I should probably check the middle school to see if everyone is gone there."

"What about high school?" Mel asked while she raised an eyebrow in question. "Or are they left to their own devices?"

"They are left to their own devices," I replied and shrugged while I grimaced. "I am sure that there isn't anyone over there, so I don't think we have to go check."

My sister bit back a small snort and rolled her eyes, biting back a small smirk. "You're still going to check to make sure that there is no one there, aren't you?" she asked and raised an eyebrow in question, and I gave her a pointed look, my cheeks turning red.

"Shut up," I grumbled, and she snickered and shrugged with a small smile on her face.

"Well, that makes you an amazing young Alpha," she said while she winked teasingly, and my cheeks turned another shade of red while I turned my attention back to the road again, rolling my eyes. "And the best one that I know."

"Don't let Bryson hear you say that, Mel," I teased and narrowed my eyes playfully at her. "He will be mad at you if he hears that."

Melody scoffed a laugh and rolled her eyes, scowling. "He can suck my nonexistent dick," she said, and I snorted, pressing my lips into a thin line. "But you do have the heart to think like that. I don't know if Bryson does."

I shrugged and stopped in front of my siblings and unlocked the door while I parked the car. "He would," I said and nodded while my brother opened the door. "He would check."

"Check what?" Julius asked while he entered the van with the others following him. He scowled and narrowed his eyes while he looked at me. "Did you have to take it so that we were close to the last ones getting picked up, TJ?" he asked while he raised an eyebrow in question. "The teachers want to go home, too."

"First of all, you are not close to last, Julius," I said and looked at him from the rearview window. "Second of all, you could have gone with the other options that are given to you, but you decided against it."

"Third of all, we do have pack members as teachers, and if all else fails, then they can and will take you home," Melody said while one of the teachers caught our eye and bowed their head in respect, and I nodded, too.

I nodded in agreement with what my sister had said and glanced at my brother from the rearview mirror while I waited for them to settle in so that I could pull away from the curb and go toward the middle school. "And buses do go into packlands, so you could have taken them if you wanted to get home sooner."

Julius rolled his eyes and scowled but stayed silent. He got himself situated into his seat and didn't say another word, and I couldn't help but snort and shook my head.