Chapter 4

"So, this used to just be a training room, but I made some changes to it," Mom said, gesturing around the spacious office. "The whole thing looked like an insane asylum."

"Really?" Ceira asked. She sat down in one of the seats and pulled me down beside her.

Mom nodded her head and sat down with Dad beside her. "Yes," she said. "Your Uncle Jack had been in here more times than not."

"He knew that you were the White Wolf?" I asked, and she nodded.

"He saw me in Wolf form and didn't know that it was me, so he had attacked me to protect your great-grandmother," Mom replied. She shrugged. "He became my tutor and sparring partner."

"Why don't you want me to hang out with Serenity?" I asked, getting down to business.

"I want you to hang out with her." She held her hand, and I closed my mouth without saying a word. "However, she doesn't need to know that she is a Werewolf nor that you are her mate."

"Bu-"

"She has been put under a spell to make her forget who and what she is," Aenes said, interrupting me. "I can't break the spell. Your mother and I have been trying to find a way to break the spell, but it's no use. The spell is from a very powerful Dark Warlock that has been blessed by someone, and your mother has been getting very pissed with it."

I furrowed my brows in confusion and looked at my mother. I could tell that she was still pissed because her eyes were a lighter brown, and her jaw was set. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"Because the main man that I had been trying to find is the one that had placed the spell on her," she replied. "I haven't found him yet."

"Most of the stuff that we are saying will not put your or the packs' lives in danger," Addama said, and I looked at her. Her face was a mask, but I could see that this was draining her. "The rest will put your lives in danger. Unless you figure it out on your own."

I frowned, not liking that idea. "If you find the "main man" and kill him, will the spell break from Serenity?" I asked, and Mom nodded.

"There is an easier way than that," she said.

"Which is..?"

She smiled and placed her hand on her mate's hand. She lifted his hand and kissed it, and Dad chuckled. She didn't say a word, but I could tell that she was talking about love.

"Get her to fall in love with you," Dad said, confirming my suspicions. He kissed the back of my mom's hand and placed it on his lap. "That is the best way to break the spell."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because true and pure love always wins in the end."

***

I opened the front door when there was a knock at it and was stunned to see my mate there. "Oh, hi," I said. "You must be the new kid."

"Heh," Serenity said, staring at my sweaty and uncovered body. She looked up when I cleared my throat, her cheeks turning red. "Oh, right, right. Ya, I am the new kid."

"I'm TJ," I said, holding out my hand. "It's nice to meet you..." I raised an eyebrow. I hated not taking her in my arms, but I knew that Mom needed me to wait.

"Hot," Serenity said. She cleared her throat before looking away from me. "I mean Serenity," she said. She cleared her throat and looked at me, her face turning into a mask. "I am Serenity." She shook my hand, the sparks flying between us.

Fuck, this was going to be hard. "It's... nice to meet you, Serenity," I said, letting go of her hand. "Was... there anything that I could do for you?"

Serenity was staring at her hand, her brows furrowed. Her pink rose, delicate lips were parted, and I had the urge to kiss them. However, I held myself back because I knew that I could scare her before getting to know me.

"Serenity?" I asked with concern. I furrowed my brows and studied her, trying to see past her mask. "Are you ok?"

"Huh?" she asked. "Oh, ya, ya, I am fine." She cleared her throat. "I was wondering if you knew if Sam Price lives here." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a gum wrapper. "Is this her house?" she asked, handing it to me.

I took it from her, touching her fingers on the way. I loved that feeling, but I knew that I had to wait.

"Did you feel that?" Serenity asked.

"Feel what?" I asked, looking at the note. I saw that the address was mine and wondered when Mom had done it.

"Sparks," Serenity said. "There were sparks between us."

"I might have picked up some energy and transferred it to you," I said, and she scowled. "But, yes, this is her home. I am her son."

"Oh," she said. "Do... you know where she is?"

I nodded my head, knowing that Mom was in the kitchen. "Come on; I'll take you to her." I moved out of her way and let her in.

"Thanks," Serenity said. She walked into the house, and I shut the door.

I took a breath of her scent, and I knew that I was addicted to it. Goddess, keep me strong.