Unlikely Alliances | Lucifer x Supernatural

Set sometime after Lucifer season 4 (disregarding season 5) and during Supernatural season 2, episode 18: Hollywood Babylon. Dean maybe a little OOC for plot reasons.

Lucifer hummed to himself as he looked around the set of Hell Hazers II: The Reckoning. Not a drop of reality in it but he still found it amusing. Demons having super-hearing to hear summonings, ha. It was much more intricate and complex than that, but amusing nonetheless. Even more amusing now that it was a murder scene.

Chloe was next to him questioning two more PAs for what they knew about the death of Brad Redding and Jay Wiley. In the devil's opinion, the pair of PAs wore more plaid than what should be acceptable and they seemed in enough hurry to get away for them to be suspicious.

"Let's start with names," Chloe began, looking expectantly between the two PAs. "I heard you calling each other Sam and Dean?"

The shorter man gave his partner a look before nodding with a charming smile, "Yeah. I'm Dean, this is my brother Sam."

"Last names?"

"Smith."

Lucifer cut in at that, "But we all know that's not your real name, is it? Everyone in LA is fake so, come on. What's your real last name, hmm?"

Lucifer's eyes met this Dean character's and that charming smile faded slightly before returning and he replied, "Winchester. Dean and Sam Winchester."

Neither the devil nor the detective missed the 'what the hell' look Sam threw his brother.

"Winchester," Lucifer mused. "Now, I swear I've heard that name before... Where ever did I hear it from?"

"Ignore him," Chloe rolled her eyes, refocusing her attention on questioning the pair. "When were you two hired?"

"We were brought in before Redding's death," Sam said, "Just after the death of the stage hand."

"The faked death," Lucifer interjected.

"Yeah the uh... the faked death."

"It's our first gig," Dean said, gesturing to himself and Sam in explanation. "A lot to take in, we're still learning the ropes. But the scene, it's great. And the food—"

"Right, I've had enough of your pathetic rambling," Lucifer cut off the man, waving a dismissive hand.

"Lucifer."

The devil ignored his partner's scold and instead focused on the taller man of the pair. "Tell me, Sammy, what is it you want more than anything, hmm? Fame, money, a lost love?"

"I..." Sam's expression became slightly dazed as his eyes met Lucifer's. "I want to be happy."

Lucifer and Chloe both frowned in confusion and slight pity at the man's answer. Happiness is what this man wanted more than anything else? Not fame or riches or love, but happiness? Lucifer supposed he could sympathize with that and so did Chloe. Happiness in life is what both devil and detective sought after.

Dean's eyes narrowed as he realized the strange, richly-dressed man in front of him had just pulled some sort of mind trick on his brother. "The hell did you do?!"

Sam blinked at his brother's shout and shook his head but he felt fine otherwise. Startled at what he'd said but not at all dizzy. He was wary though: this stranger could not be human to have done whatever just happened to him. Despite this, Sam placed a hand on Dean's shoulder in reassurance.

Lucifer smiled in amusement at Dean's outburst, "Oh, protective are we? Are you sure you're brothers and not something more?"

"Lucifer!" Chloe elbowed her partner in the ribs with a scowl before returning her focus to the brothers, "I'm sorry about him."