Control 2 | Lucifer x Parasite!Neutral

"Detective, you shouldn't be here."

"I can't just let you isolate yourself like this, Lucifer. It wouldn't work anyway."

"I can't just do nothing."

Chloe sighed as Lucifer kept walking around the edge room as she tried to approach him. He wouldn't let her get close to him at all. He couldn't. It was too dangerous. What if the parasite decided to take over him when she was here? It hurt her before, in the interrogation room. Who's to say it wouldn't do it again?

He could feel it now. He could feel the coiling inside himself, the shifting of something that shouldn't be there. It weighed heavily on him ever since he became aware of it and he knew the parasite enjoyed every second of it. It loved seeing him scared.

"Lucifer," Chloe tried. "You have to know shutting yourself up in here won't do anything."

"It has to, Detective," Lucifer said sharply. He swallowed tightly, "It has to, because I don't know what else to do."

"Lucifer..." Chloe trailed off sadly, trying to find the right words.

A tidal wave of horror curled in Lucifer's gut as a low laugh passed his lips without his permission. He could feel the weightlessness take over his feeling as his control was stolen again. He couldn't fight it. There were no weapons he could use. No leverage. He was a prisoner, chained up and shoved into a dark corner. It felt like a demon blade being held at his throat, razor sharp and ready to pierce him if he annoyed it.

"Hello, Detective..."

Lucifer could only watch as Chloe's eyes widened and her hand flew to the gun at her hip. It wouldn't do a thing, she knew it wouldn't do a thing, but it somehow made her feel safer. Threatening or not, it made her feel safer.

"You keep talking to me," she said slowly as the parasite walked closer.

"You interest me," it replied, walking in a wide circle around her. "Chloe Decker..."

"You have me at a disadvantage then," Chloe said, gun gripped tightly in her hands as she spun slowly to always face the parasite. "I don't know your name."

The parasite smiled darkly, a smug grin. "The one you call God likes to refer to me as Khoshekh." Lucifer's mind translated the Hebrew word instantly: Darkness. God called the parasite Darkness. "I prefer Y/n, however. Flows much better, don't you think?"

Chloe didn't reply. The parasite walked closer and she had to step backwards. The parasite didn't stop though, backing her into a wall. Lucifer saw the panic in her eyes before she swallowed tightly and shot him in the shoulder. The parasite only laughed in amusement and cupped her face with Lucifer's hands.

"Cute trick, love," it murmured gently. "But I am not Lucifer. You can't hurt me."

Lucifer was terrified. He had a front row seat in seeing the fear in Chloe's wide eyes and he was terrified. He tried to move. Tried to pull his hands away, but despite the feeling of strain on his muscles, he knew it wasn't really there. The parasite was stronger than he was and it knew the layout of this battlefield. Lucifer had no idea what to do besides try to move his body.

The parasite smiled sweetly. "What a weak little human... What does he see in you? I could just..." The parasite slowly tilted Chloe's head to the side, a little show of what it could choose to do. "And that would be that, wouldn't it? A little snap and uh oh, there goes the Detective..."

"Don't touch her."

Lucifer was not naive enough to think he had pushed the parasite back. He knew the parasite had let him spit that out for its own amusement. The sheer horror that crossed Chloe's face let Lucifer know exactly where that amusement came from. Lucifer felt like his heart was racing but he knew it was doing no such thing. He was the passenger, not the driver.