The Casket Girl | Lucifer x Vampire!Female

Lucifer had had many little vacations to Earth throughout history. Trips that would last a day or two just to see what the world was like and to get a break from Hell. Humanity always amused him with rumours of the divine and fear of the supernatural. That fear was reasonable, of course, but it was amusing nonetheless.

Ghosts were rare, only appearing when Azrael wasn't quick enough to reap the soul and it got stuck on Earth. Demonic possession, Lucifer had banned unless it was used to answer a stupid human's summons. If they were trying to purposely summon a hellion, he would allow the demons to give them a scare. There were many other monsters out there, but Lucifer was always fascinated with vampires.

They had the longest lives of anything alive. Well, as alive as vampires got, at least. They could blend seamlessly with the rest of humanity and they were powerful. Not powerful enough to challenge the divine, but powerful. They were charming, and usually egotistical enough, their happiness or exhaustion of immortality having worn away a good portion of their humble manners.

Therefore, in the 1700s, when the girls being sent from France to New Orleans to marry were rumoured to be vampires, Lucifer couldn't keep himself away. Like always, his little expedition was over in a blink and the Casket Girls (as they would become known) remained smiling their polite smiles, one or two of them slyly flashing a red-eyed wink or sharp fang at the devil as he left and that was that.

He didn't think he would see any of them again, so when Lucifer caught the scent of human blood hanging in the air of his closed nightclub one afternoon, he was understandably surprised. He was just arriving home after closing a homicide case, making his way towards the elevator when the scent reached him. When he looked, he was surprised to see the lone figure lounging on one of the banquettes. Brows furrowed, Lucifer made his way down the steps, eyes narrowing on the glass of blood set on the table in front of the woman.

"I was wondering when you would be back," she said pleasantly, the french lilt in her voice soft as she gave him a smirk when the recognition finally landed.

"Ah, Y/n!" Lucifer grinned widely. "My darling fille à la cassette [girl with the suitcase]. It's been such a long time, where on Earth have you been?"

Y/n shrugged. "Here and there. Drink?"

She offered the glass to him with a knowing grin.

"I don't like the taste, love, you know this." Lucifer waved a hand dismissively. He perched at the edge of the banquette. "I don't believe you of all vampires would show up just for a little catching up. What do you need?"

Y/n hummed, swirling her glass. "Three things."

"Go on."

"Un, I want to know if my cassette [suitcase] is still boarded up on the third floor of the Old Ursuline Convent. Deux, a human has gotten ahold of my necklace, the cursed little thing that was in my cassette, hence why I need to know where my cassette is. I tracked the man with my necklace here; I want help finding it. And trois, should be the easiest for you. I have missed your sweet little kisses."

Lucifer grinned, leaning in to place a kiss to the corner of Y/n's mouth. "That all sounds doable. Especially the last one."

"Excellent." Y/n smiled, then seemed to remember, "One last thing, Luci. If that detective friend of yours cannot see how wonderful you are and chooses Cain of all humans, she does not deserve you." Lucifer pursed his lips and didn't respond. Y/n patted his arm, a pointed gleam in her eyes as she continued, "I know you, mon cœur [love], you are an 'in the moment' sort of person. Remember she is not immortal and one day she will die."