Monster | Lucifer x Demon!Male

You noticed something was off with him before he even woke up that morning. His brows were furrowed and a frown rested on his lips as he slept. Your arms around him and your chest against his back seemed to settle him a bit, but he still wasn't as relaxed as he normally is.

When he woke up, you said nothing of it, hoping it was just a bad dream and that he would be fine. You could tell he tried to hide it, but he wasn't fine. You could see it in the way his dark eyes held a haunted look, in the way his body was tense, in the way he seemed to be trying to draw in on himself.

There was something wrong and you were going to figure out what as well as make sure his day was great otherwise.

You made him breakfast that morning, his favourite. A small pain stabbed your chest as you saw that his smile never reached his eyes. He didn't eat much, something that showed you just how off he was feeling. His movements seemed almost robotic as he got dressed and completed his usual morning routine.

Even the kiss he gave you wasn't as full as usual.

You had to practically force him to let you drive, worried he wasn't alert enough to drive safely. Thankful that you had become a bounty hunter and thus (sometimes) worked at the same place as him, you asked Chloe to keep an eye on him when you couldn't and she instantly agreed.

He didn't give his usual comments, the ones that drove his partner insane. He was quiet the whole day, drifting away and getting lost in his own head, unable to focus at all. This ended in him nearly getting shot and you finally dragging him home to take the rest of the day off. He had tried to undress you at that point, at which you turned him down and he came to the conclusion you didn't want to make love to him because he was a monster.

Which leads to now. Him having locked himself in the bathroom and you on the other side trying to persuade him to come out.

"Lucifer," you say, forehead against the door. "Lucifer, doll, open the door. You're not a monster, love, now let me see you. Angel, please."

You hear no movement from within and you sigh softly. "Lucifer, just because humanity thinks you're horrible doesn't mean you are. They don't know you, they know rumours and stories. Don't judge yourself by the words of people who have never known you. Chloe, Linda, Amenadiel, Maze, Trixie, they all know and care about you, Lucifer. You don't need everyone to love you, darling, just a few good people."

You look up as you hear a small laugh. "Did you just quote The Greatest Showman to me?"

"So what if I did?" you reply, "It's a good quote and it's true. Why do you care for the opinion of strangers?"

"I... I don't know," you hear Lucifer whisper.

"I don't think you're a monster."

"You're a demon, you don't count."

"And why not? I'm a demon but I'm also your lover, Lucifer. I'm not going anywhere no matter what you do; you can't get rid of me and I'm not going to hurt you, love."

A small, dry laugh. "I'm a celestial, you can't hurt me."

"As long as I can speak, I can hurt anyone, Lucifer. That's the power in words, you can heal or hurt someone. Don't listen to the hurters, love, listen to the healers."

You look up as the door opens slowly to reveal a teary-eyed devil, his head down to avoid your eyes.

"Oh, darling," you whisper.

Your arms wrap around him and carry him to the bedroom where you set him down and pull him up against you. His head tucks under the crook of your neck, your arms tight around him as he sits in your lap. His hands cling to you in a silent desperation, a near-inaudible whimper escaping his lips.

"You're beautiful, Lucifer, and I will tear apart anyone who says otherwise, human, demon or angel. Hell, I'll fight God himself if he tries to lay a hand on you."

You can tell a small smile appears on Lucifer's lips. "What did I do to deserve you, love?"

"Fell," you reply softly. "Fell, and gave me some of your blood."

"Which turned you into this," Lucifer continues as his smile grows. "A demon as immortal as a celestial with other celestial traits to match. The most powerful hellion alive and completely mine."

"Good to see you know it," you murmur. "And you're mine."

Lucifer nods, cuddling closer to you. "I love you, Y/n. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Lucifer," you say. "I love you too. How are you feeling?"

"Better," he replies softly.

"Struggling with humanity's view and your self-hatred?" Lucifer only nods as your arms tighten around him. You sigh softly and whisper, "Let me see."

You feel him tense instantly. Your hands massage his body gently, relaxing his muscles. You can feel his face change, the texture of his skin shifting against your neck. You let your own face change to reveal your real features, pale empty eyes and torn skin.

"You're not the only scary one here, Lucifer, don't forget that," you whisper. Lucifer pulls back enough to see your face, red eyes searching your white ones. You give him a smile, "You're not the only feared one, darling, humanity hates my kind too. You're not alone."

Lucifer returns your smile slowly. "The devil and a demon; a match made in hell."

"Or heaven, depending on how you look at it," you reply. "You're all the heaven I need, darling. My own piece of angelic paradise. Our love is not something so easily found."

"No," Lucifer agrees. "It's not."