Twin Problems | Chloe x Male

You don't know what happened.

You just wanted to be a nice boyfriend and bring your hard-working girlfriend her favourite lunch.

Not even half an hour later, here you are, hand-cuffed to the metal table of the interrogation room, the prime suspect in your previously mentioned girlfriend's latest case. Suspected serial killer is not something you ever imagined you be thought of as.

Well, not for a long time at least...

You sit on the hard chair staring at nothing in particular, your knees at your chest, heels on the edge of the chair and mind racing. Why you? How did you end up as the prime suspect? You shake your head, an action that slowly starts to get more and more frantic as panic overtakes you.

You're innocent! You know that, but what if no one believes you? You don't want to go to jail, especially for something you didn't do or even know of!

"Y/n, Y/n calm down."

Your eyes snap open. When did you close them? You didn't even hear Chloe come in with her partner your friend/peer. How you became friends with the devil himself, you don't know. He says he finds your 'adorable innocence' captivating and that he enjoys your company, yet he also doesn't trust you with Chloe, constantly thinking you'll use her.

"Y/n," Chloe starts, placing the case file on the table in front of her as she and Lucifer sit across from you.

"I didn't do anything!" you burst out, hugging your knees tighter. "I've been at home or work or here all day! I—"

"Y/n." Chloe's voice cuts you off, her stern tone making your eyes widen. She doesn't believe you would kill anyone, does she? She shakes her head, "I want to believe you, really, I do, but the evidence, it's... It's hard not to think you did it."

"Well, it's all been a lie hasn't it," Lucifer says. "You just wanted to use the Detective for information so you could get away with the murder of these four people, isn't that right, Y/n?"

You shake your head furiously. "No! I wouldn't kill anybody!" The expressions the two have tell you they don't believe you and you whimper quietly, looking away and whispering to yourself, "I wouldn't kill anybody..."

"Where were you around midnight last night?" Chloe asks.

"At home," you whisper, avoiding the untrusting look in her eyes.

"Can anyone confirm that?"

"... No."

"Do you recognize any of these people?"

The woman place five pictures in front of you, two women and three men. Scanning over their faces, your eyes widen and one hand reaches up to cover your mouth as a few tears prick the corners of your eyes.

"I believe that's a yes," Lucifer says, leaning back in his chair.

"That's my uncle," you whisper, pointing to one of the men. "He was killed?"

"Brutally," Lucifer replies, "But you would know that, since you killed him."

A sharp pain shoots through your chest at the words. You know you're innocent, but it's clear he doesn't think so and neither does Chloe. Not again. You can't do this whole thing, this whole 'no one believes you' thing, again.

You draw in a shaking breath and ask, "What made me a suspect?"

You see both people frown at the question and for a second you think they won't answer.

"Security camera footage shows you abducting two of the three victims," Chloe says eventually. "The MO is all the same so we know the murders are all connected."