No Choice | Lucifer x Female Reader

Y/n takes a deep breath to calm her racing heart.

She can do this. She has to do this.

She looks around the floor of Lux, watching people dance and drink and have fun. All of them blissfully unaware of her situation.

"Hello, Darling."

Y/n yelps at the sudden voice in her ear. She turns, her eyes meeting deep brown ones.

"What's a beautiful woman like you doing here alone?"

Y/n takes another deep breath before giving a flirtatious smile, "I'm looking for some good company. You wouldn't know where to find any, would you, Mr. Morningstar?"

The club owner smiles, "Well, I think I do. Your name, Darling?"

"Y/n."

"Y/n," Lucifer repeats. Begging silently in her mind, the man does exactly what she doesn't want him to do. Lucifer smiles, "Can I buy you a drink or anything, Darling?"

Y/n groans mentally, but replies with a smile, "I'll just have some water. I have to drive home, so drinking is a no-no for me."

The club owner tilts his head curiously, "Not going to stay a while?"

"I wasn't planning on it," Y/n says, "But my plans may be changed with some convincing."

Lucifer smiles, finding himself to be greatly interested in the beautiful woman. The two spend an hour or two talking and getting to know each other, something unusual for the club owner, yet he can't find himself to think it strange. With Y/n, it feels so... natural, like they've known each other for years.

Meanwhile, Y/n is caught in a storm of anxiety, though she does well to conceal it. This wasn't supposed to happen! She wasn't supposed to talk like this to him, nor was her heart supposed to flutter like it was! Damn it, it was all going wrong!

"Care to join me in my penthouse?"

The words pull the woman from her thoughts. Her mind stops working for a second, processing the words.

Y/n gives a sweet smile, "As much as I'd love to see the view, I was hoping you wouldn't mind coming to my place. I have some... toys that need a partner in order to enjoy them."

The devil smiles widely, "I'm sure I can help you then, Darling. Lead the way?"

"Of course, Mr. Morningstar."

"Oh, please, call me Lucifer, darling."

Y/n felt a blush rising to her cheeks and mentally cursed. No, no this can't happen. It can't. She can't get attached. She can't.

Lucifer follows the woman out of the club to her car along the side of the road. As she begins the drive to her home, Y/n tries her best to ignore the man in the passenger seat, tries to push her feelings aside. Said man makes this exceedingly difficult by talking constantly, asking her random questions.

"Favourite colour?"

"F/c."

"Favourite movie?"

"F/m."

"I haven't heard of that one... Perhaps you can show it to me a later date."

Y/n tenses, something Lucifer notices. "Y/n, doll, are you alright?"

She tries to say yes, but her throat closes up, tears coming to her eyes. Y/n pulls over, trying to stop her tears. This can't happen. She has to do this... But she can't do this to Lucifer, the man she's grown attached to in a matter of hours.