Reawakening | Evil!Lucifer x Neutral

He was cold. He was unfeeling. He wasn't who he used to be.

He was the devil and he was evil.

He didn't care for humanity. Not after the ways they spat on his name and blamed him for everything. He was done protecting those who would hate him should they find out the truth. He was tired of nobody believing him when he told them who he was.

He was sick and tired of everyone and everything enjoying his company only to turn around and hate him when they discovered who he really was.

That's what prompted his take over. No one knows for sure what happened. Horrible beings known as demons appeared all over the world. Hundreds upon thousands of them. All of them following him.

Nothing could combat them. He was immortal and he'd found a way to grant the same to his army. He'd destroyed his only known weakness easily, the woman who's rebellion and death had become legend. He'd tried to spare her, he tried to convince her to back down and submit, but she fought and it led to her death.

He'd hung her body up like a warning to the rest of the world. His own brother was hung next to her, the dark-skinned angel weakened by his own thoughts and unable to do anything against his more-powerful brother. And the rest of the world was warned: No one means anything to him. Everyone was in danger. No one would stop him.

It was when all hope was falling and humanity was starting to truly die off that Heaven got involved. The Day of Reckoning, as it's now called. The war was terrible and most of the casualties were human bystanders. Millions were wiped out, cities destroyed and the world everyone knew lost.

The war had grown cold. Stuck in a long space of neither side attacking and waiting for the other to renew the battles that had raged and torn apart the world you knew.

He was walking through the ruins of the city he once knew when he felt it. A warm flutter in his chest, one he hadn't felt for a century now. Not since he killed her. It scared him: he was leading a war, he couldn't have any weaknesses.

His fists clenched at his sides, red eyes scanning the surroundings. There shouldn't have been any humans there, not with their slaving over the forges of demon steel weapons. Those leathery red wings flared out as he took off in an attempt to find the being drawing him in.

A painful pull tugged at his darkened heart as he found himself landing among one of the only preserved places left mostly untouched by the destruction. The penthouse was dark but there were footsteps in the dust, things moved around from what he remembered leaving. Old memories assaulted his mind, memories of a person he used to be. A person he threw aside.

A quiet humming could be heard in the silence if he focused. He moved silently through the place, finding the source of the humming. You weren't anything extraordinary in the appearances department, you looked as average as any other, yet he thought you were stunning. Those red eyes widened, jaw falling open slightly to reveal dirtied teeth. And for the first time in a long time, he felt uncomfortable in his devil form. He didn't want to be seen by you. He didn't want you to see him like that.

For the first time in a long time, he missed his human form. He missed the form in which no one believed him. And it scared him.

You turned from putting away the book you'd been reading, jumping back in shock when you saw him in the doorway. Your hand automatically went to your gun at your waist even though you knew it would have been useless.

A shaking breath passed your lips. "You."

"What are you doing here?" he asked, voice colder than he preferred.

"Hiding," you replied, pointing your gun at him warily. "I wasn't going to let them take me easily."

"You know what this place is?"

"Your old home... The piano is very nice."

The comment passed your lips before you could think through it. He was amused though, a smile crossing his lips. He didn't feel so scared anymore. In a few words, he felt like he'd known you for millennia. You couldn't hurt him if you tried, but he felt safe with you. You somehow felt safe with him too. It made no sense to either of you. You, a human he'd just met, and him, the leader of the hellion army.

He was cold. He was unfeeling. He wasn't who he used to be.

He was the devil and he was evil.

But in the moment he saw you, he felt something change in himself. No... not change, but reawaken. Something awoke once again deep within his heart that he had closed off for years. It was warm and it was comforting. He hadn't felt warm like that ever since he decided 'to hell with everyone.' He didn't feel like the monster he'd become.

Something reawoke deep within him.

And he was in human form once again.