The Future has a way of Falling Back to Us | Lucifer x Neutral

You feel utterly exhausted as you make your way into the elevator. Today has been tiring, more so than usual, and you're ready to spend the evening doing absolutely nothing.

There's a gentle music playing over the sound system as the elevator doors open and reveal the penthouse. Confused, you step out and call:

"Luce? I'm home, what's going on?" You look around to see if this is something special being set for you and your eyes narrow as you see the woman sitting at a romantic dinner table in the living room. "Who the hell are you?"

"I could ask you the same thing," the blonde replies, eyeing you suspiciously.

The way she sounds like you're in the wrong grates on your nerves and your exhaustion doesn't help.

"Look bitch," you snap, "I just spent my entire fucking day in a court room arguing with a fucking idiot and his goblin mutant of a client. I don't need this right now. Get out of my fucking home."

"Excuse me?" The woman stands to face you, now looking insulted and annoyed. "You have no right to say this is your home when I know for a fact that it's not. You—"

"What on earth is going on here?"

"Lucifer."

You and this stranger both glare at each other at having spoken in unison. Lucifer is appearing from the hallway, looking between you in utter confusion.

"Detective, who's this?" he asks.

You can't stop the scoff of disbelief that passes your lips. "Detective? This is that Decker bitch, isn't it? The hell is she doing here? Finally get tired of her calls?"

"I'm sorry?"

The lost, offended look in Lucifer's eyes makes you realize he has no idea what you're talking about. Which is utter bullshit. There's no way he doesn't remember.

"Luce, don't joke with me—"

"I'm not—"

"No, hold on," Decker says, holding her hands out. "Just who are you?"

You look at her with a glare, then glance back at Lucifer to see what he'd say. When he says nothing, just waiting for you to speak like he doesn't know the answer, your eyes narrow.

"Y/n," you say slowly, looking at Lucifer rather than Decker. "You know, your spouse."

Lucifer's eyes narrow incredulously and he glances between you and Decker. "How...?"

"Don't joke with me over this." You wave a hand around the room, gesturing to Decker being here. "This isn't funny."

"I'm not joking." Your eyes narrow as Lucifer studies you. He shakes his head slowly, "I don't know who you are."

"Fine." You pull out your phone with a huff. "You want proof? I have pictures."

Lucifer moves closer to you, skeptical and curious. You scroll through various pictures of you and Lucifer, from cute moments to bright laughs.

"I don't... When were these taken?" Lucifer asks in confusion. When you reply, his brows furrow as he realizes, "You're from the future."

"Yeah, that'll explain it," you huff. You let Lucifer hold your phone to continue looking through pictures. You're used to him playing with your phone by now anyways. "Time travel. Of course it's fucking time travel. All this divine shit is going to drive me insane."

"You know?" Decker asks incredulously. "About it all being real?"

You give her a deadpan stare, "I'm apparently Lucifer's future spouse. Of course I know."