Worrying Devil | Lucifer x Neutral

He met you while on a short vacation to England.

You had captured his attention instantly with your charm and beauty. Your laughter, rambling, embarrassment when you realized said rambling. You captivated him and stole his heart.

Similarly, he stole yours. He listened to you and never looked annoyed or bored with your random yet enthusiastic facts about things that caught your eye. He was charming and caring.

His vacation was over much too soon for either of you. You both stayed in contact with each other, but the long distance wasn't ideal. Until a year later, you decided to move. England had given you everything it could and you were ready for a new experience with your lover at your side. He asked you to marry him barely a month later and you've been happy ever since.

You're currently on a family visit and a business trip back to England, one that's taken far longer than expected. You thought it would be four months but somehow it's taken nearly a year. You're finally coming home though and you're more than ready to spend a night curled up in your husband's arms.

Your plane was scheduled to land the previous night and you had assured the devil you could drive yourself home. But you haven't shown up and now, the next day, the devil is ready to send out a divine search party.

"Lucifer, are you alright? You've been distracted the whole morning."

The devil looks up. "Oh, yes fine. Just worried is all..."

His gaze falls back to the dark screen of his phone, waiting for you to answer his texts.

"What is it?" Chloe asks, concerned.

"Bit of a missing persons case here," Lucifer replies.

Chloe's brows furrow at that. "Who's missing, what happened?"

Lucifer sighs softly, "They were supposed to be home last night after their plane landed, but I haven't seen them and they haven't answered any of my texts. I don't know where they are, Detective, and I need to find— Y/n!"

You smile sheepishly, walking towards your husband and looking around the precinct. "This place is cool."

The next thing you know, you're being pulled forward, Lucifer kissing you passionately. His arms cradle you possessively, your arms wrapping around his neck.

"Did you miss me?" you ask jokingly when he pulls back.

"Very much," Lucifer replies. "Ah, Detective, this is Y/n L/n, my little wife/husband. They've been away to England."

Chloe gives you a smile, "It's nice to meet you. Lucifer would mention you but not elaborate. I assume this is your missing person, Lucifer?"

"Yes," the devil replies before turning to you, "Why didn't you come home last night?"

You smile sheepishly, "The plane was delayed. I didn't land until two hours ago."

"And why didn't you answer my texts or calls?"

"My phone died?"

"Is that a question or a statement, Y/n."

"Statement?" you say, fidgeting under your husband's stern gaze. "I'm perfectly fine, Luce, no need to worry."

Lucifer sighs softly. "I was scared something happened to you."

"I know," you reply. "But I'm here and I'm fine, Mr. Worrywort."

A huff passes Lucifer's lips. "I do not worry that much."

"My head hurts."

Lucifer' brows furrow. "Really? Do you need water or— Fine, I worry."

A grin crosses your lips. "I know."