Extra: Spring Before Winter

Part (2/2)

Note: I-Doll is a story of 40 chapters. Everything published after it is an extra.

::

"Are you alright?" Seungcheol asked for the thousandth time, glancing over to his girlfriend drinking a glass of water across the room, having changed into a comfortable hoodie and shorts.

Putting down the glass, Yuri crawled onto the bed, over to him

Putting down the glass, Yuri crawled onto the bed, over to him. Facing him as she sat next to him, Yuri looked at his worried face adoringly, "For the hundredth time, I'm fine, Cheol-ssi. I am." Taking his hands in hers, she kissed his fingers softly, smiling onto them, "Thank you for worrying about me when I couldn't."

Seungcheol pulled a hand from her grasp and placed it over her cheek, brushing his thumb slightly, "Of course, I worry about you. Whether I'm at practice or on the stage, I can't help but think about you. When you don't text me, I wonder if you've skipped another meal just to match the weight on a scale or if you'll eat later. I'm worried that if I look away one second, someone will hurt you again."

He could remember the time he'd almost lost her to a crazy stalker like Yeon Hwi. As much as Seungcheol wanted to forget, he could not shake off the feeling he'd felt the day he'd found out Yuri was gone. He dreaded it. Imagining even a second in a world without her. It scared him.

"I won't let anyone hurt you ever again." 

Yuri knew it was going to take them time to get over that incident. Alone, Yuri feared sleep in her own bedroom so much so that she'd rather spend that time finishing up some work. It had affected Seungcheol just as much. Knowing that he was just as afraid as she was, Yuri had begun texting him about the smallest details of her life. And at that moment, watching him put his worry into words, calmed hers. Smiling softly but re-assuredly, she whispered into the air, "I won't let anyone hurt me, Cheol. I promise."

Drawing closer, Seungcheol leaned in, holding her gaze. He cut her off before she could finish saying, "I love yo—" And his reply was lost in their kiss, along with a frenzy of emotions that had wrapped up in their little reunion.

The feeling of avoiding the worst, to walk over it successfully, to be together when they knew it could cause a problem somewhere down the road... The yearning of being together triumphed over everything else.

::

"Do you trust him?" Seungcheol asked as the two nestled together in bed, his head over hers, "Your friend?"

Yuri snuggled closer into his arms, wrapping hers around his torso as she thought about it. "I do. More or less. He's a little different but I can count on him to be gentlemanly about these things at the very least. He has a good conscience and a fair judgement."

"He went through your phone though," Seungcheol mentioned, realising that the one who'd texted him the address wasn't Yuri but the man in question.