01.

::

The staff hurried to prepare for every entrance on the idol setlist, the hall busy with those holding their positions. It was chaotic. One could hear the crowd cheering, practising their fan chants in turns, waiting for their bias to take the stage. The calmness that was previously visible during the rehearsals had disappeared and the rumbling backstage had taken its place.

Yuri leaned back into her chair, waiting. Her make-up team had retired long before and her manager, along with her exclusive staff were seated leisurely, conversing before Yuri's performance. She glanced around, scanning the relaxed atmosphere of her waiting room. Not having anyone to talk to, Yuri felt isolated, missing the warmth and interaction of her three other members. She missed them. They hadn't been invited for day 1 and were instead, practising for day 2 of their performances at the award ceremony. Yuri's shoot was lonely, having recently released a solo album.

She walked over to the door, earning stares from across the room and peeked outside at the hallway that had suddenly gotten silent. Had the staff for the team opposite her room moved out for their performance?

Only one waiting room was abuzz now. At the deep end of the hallway, she noticed the door to the largest room on the floor. Recognising the group, she smiled at the sight of the name. Yuri turned to her manager, raising a hand signal to visit the washroom, silently tiptoeing to the other waiting room instead.

Knock knock.

Yuri patiently waited for a response when a voice yelled for her to come in. Taking a deep breath and preparing a small smile, she opened the door to a large group of people huddled in the room. Few bothered looking up from whatever they were doing while most ignored her presence. One or two looked intrigued, however, noticing an idol in full makeup and flashy dress standing at the door of a room she didn't belong in. This wasn't Music Bank. They weren't expecting a female idol's visit.

"Jihoon-Oppa?" She smiled enthusiastically at the one person she recognised amidst the crowd. He looked up from his phone, his brows rising in surprise before asking her to walk in.

Bowing in passing and greeting the other members of Seventeen as well as their staff, she noiselessly walked to Woozi and waved hi. She had collaborated with the talented composer before for a few tracks of Seventeen after Big Hit had acquired Pledis. While they were comfortable in each other's company, Yuri had never met the remaining members of the group. It felt slightly uncomfortable, sitting with their eyes on her back.

"I didn't know you were allowed to visit other people's waiting rooms," Woozi spoke, his eyes seeing through her antics. Everything Yuri did, Woozi had found unique but this was different. She had walked in, without a worry, into a male idol group's room with no care for lingering cameras or gossip. It was troublesome and Woozi couldn't help but question why.

Yuri let her shoulders drop slightly, "Sometimes, these rules can be bent a little, Oppa." She smiled effortlessly, uncaring of the gravity of her actions, "It sucks to not have my members with me, you know? I couldn't help it."

Woozi thought about it, nodding slightly. Her missing members were within understanding but knew that only she could, of all female idols, barge into their waiting room like this unannounced. He offered her a seat on one of the couches facing the room, "Why don't I introduce you to my members then?"

Yuri agreed immediately. Seventeen was a famous group and it went without a doubt that she knew of their names and faces already, being seniors in the idol industry. She considered it an opportunity to meet them. "I already know the names," She answered silently, deciding it was best to relieve Woozi of painstakingly naming each member and introducing them to her.

"In that case, why don't you make your introduction?"

Yuri looked in the direction of the voice to find Kim Mingyu looking at her with a welcoming smile. He was tall, she noticed almost immediately as she nodded, standing up. Many pairs of eyes trained on her, starting daggers into her silhouette. Yuri prepared herself, willing herself to be confident. Bowing down deeply, her loud voice boomed around the room clearly, "I'm Lee Yuri from the new group I-Doll and I am currently promoting my first solo album this year. I'm also a composer for Big Hit called I-D. Please treat me well!"

The members that weren't busy clapped, enthusiastically welcoming her. Dino who had recognised the name, spoke from his seat, "Aren't you that composer I-D who co-composed and re-arranged My My and Fearless?" He seemed unsure yet curious and Yuri bit back a smile at his genuine reaction.

"Yes, that's me."

Her response drew the attention of the other members around the room. While some had heard of her as a new idol, it was only now that they could finally put a face to the name of the composer they'd worked with all along. "How is it that we've never seen you before?" Joshua who was getting his make-up done, asked.

"I'm a working idol," Yuri explained, "So, I only sent in the demos and arranged parts that needed it. While Woozi-Oppa does most of the work, my role is to make his work easier by checking in on finer details. It mostly includes the division of lines and the writing so I don't have to physically show up at the recording studio." She clarified, gesturing to Jihoon who was nodding along.

"Thank you, Lee Yuri-ssi for easing the burden by a little on our Woozi. Rumour has it that his stress levels have gone down a lot."

Yuri was startled by the deep voice that suddenly boomed from behind her. Steadying her feet, she turned around. Holding her breath, Yuri watched S.Coups walk in through the door. He looked like he'd just walked out of a magazine with his black hair parted from the middle and in a black casual suit. She'd seen him in pictures and in passing once or twice but up close, he was a whole different person. Oh, dear. One look and she knew, right then and there that he was hot.

"I-it was nothing, sunbaenim

"I-it was nothing, sunbaenim." She stuttered as he walked closer to her, raising an eyebrow slightly, his action so effortlessly attractive. Where had her confidence disappeared? Yuri didn't know. However, just as he was about to stand in front of her, a huge scream bellowed from outside.

"YAH LEE YURI! WHERE DID YOU RUN OFF TO?!"

::