𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 || Zhongli

Zhongli x gender neutral reader

Angst ( mention of blood, dead, etc... )

———————————————————————————

Unfair.

That was what you thought about life. Everything was unfair and if you had even one moment of happiness, it would be destroyed the second after.

You learned that on the hard way, one time thinking that you're life not just take things, but give you something. Something that was very important to you and made you feel happy.

It happened a few years ago as you're parents died in an accident. You stood right besides the two coffins where the two adults laid in, already pail and cold, not movingly inch.

You felt someone laying their hand on your shoulder as you slowly turned you're head to the side and a tall male with long ash-brown came into you're sight.

That kind smile on his face was so relaxing to you, you felt safe and secure, almost forgetting what happened around.

Years passed, you grew attached to him and so did he, almost meeting every day and enjoyed the little times you could spent together since Zhongli had a lot to do with his job at the funeral parlor, but took all his free time to be around you.

It was the thing you appreciated the most in you're little life that you forgot about the bad things that happened at the same time.

You fell in love, and you knew that.

You feared that Zhongli might reject you and everything would go down again, so you decided to not say a thing, not risking to tell you're feelings.

But that doesn't have any meaning now anyway.

A warm Liquid dropped down you're fingers as the stinging pain in you're chest felt like it would eat you alive, not letting you escape.

The spear that pierced through you're body was tainted in red, your own blood everywhere as you closed you're eyes shut, not wanting to see this massacre in front of you're very own eyes.

It was stupid from you, mindlessly running into the camp of a few treasure hoarders and now on the edge of death.

You knew that it would be over for you soon as tears wouldn't stop escaping you're eyes, regretting that you never told him.

You never told him how you felt, never that you loved him, never that he meant the world for you.

You wanted to thank him for being there at you're breaking point, rescuing you from the dark that ate you from inside out.

But it was too late.

Your blood ran cold as you're body got limp and you're head was dizzy as you couldn't move a muscle.

...

The rain dropped on Zhongli's face, mixing with the few tears falling down his face as he stood in front of the coffin like you was doing a few years ago.

But this time, he was alone.

The person that was once stood beside him, was now the one laying down in the wooden coffin, body cold like ice and eyes dead like the night.

A shaky breath escaped the mouth of the male as he bit his lower lip, staring at you're lifeless body in front of him.

Why would someone take you away from him?

Why would someone take away the one he loved so dearly but never told them, anxious about what would happen after.

He regretted not saying a single word.

How ironic isn't it?

But that's how life is. It's unfair.

 It's unfair