𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐞 || Albedo

( making this one-shot in hopes that Albedo becomes a rerun )

Albedo x gender neutral reader

Fluff with a little bit mention of angst ( I'm really bad at categorizing the story's )

——————————————————————————

Concentrating, you tried your best to not screw up the experiment that you were recently working on.

With one test tube in the one hand and a second in the other, you was supposed to mix the purple liquid with the green one — using the exact amount of the purple one to fill it in the second test tube.

But as you knew yourself, you accidentally put in too much of the dark liquid as the light green one suddenly tinted black — the glass in your hand becoming hot as you almost burned your hand on it, but refused to let the liquid fall.

'Ugh shi-'

Your thoughts got interrupted by someone pulling you back, slapping the test tube out of your hands as you suddenly felt your face pressed against someone's chest, one arm around your back.

Looking up as you saw Albedo, a fellow alchemist of yours and also a close friend, looking forward as you heard his heartbeat that was slightly faster than it was supposed to be.

The male sighed, letting go of you as you turned you head and saw that table in front of you — where albedo threw the test tube at.

Your eyes slightly widened at the sight of the wooden table as you realized that your experiment somehow was corrosive and damaged the table to the point where wholes were inside of it, the substance that was in the glass before, now dripping on the ground as little smoke clouds erupted from the spot where it would hit the floor.

"Um... thank you, Albedo..."

You muttered, face slightly red because of embarrassment that you failed at an experiment again.

It wasn't new for you — almost every time you would try out a new project, it would fail.

"How often do I need to tell you that you shouldn't do such experiments alone?"

Albedo asked, looking you directly in the eyes as he laid his hand on your head — his eyes softened through he was supposed to scold you because of your reckless attitude.

"Y- yeah I know... it's just... I thought it would work this time..."

You said, averting Albedos gaze as you looked at the table — or rather what remained of it.

"You know that you worry me, ( Y/N )"

The blond-haired male suddenly said as you snapped your head back at him, looking in his eyes as you saw a slight bit of worry writing all over his face.

"Huh?"

"What if you get injured badly one day, huh? What am I supposed to do then? I couldn't bare seeing you in a bad condition..."

He said, the last part rather silent as he was still looking directly in your ( E/C ) eyes, your face becoming bright red at this comment.

You didn't knew what you was supposed to say, so you just stared at him, trying to find some words as you weren't sure anymore if you heard right.

But no words were needed as Albedo suddenly pulled you in his embrace again, one arm around your waist as his other hand was on the back of your head, holding you close to his chest.

"Just... don't be reckless. Don't leave me"

He said, almost inaudible.

It was true that alchemy wasn't the safest thing to
do — just look at what just happened. You can quickly get bad injuries or even worse.

And with you being as carefree as you are, you didn't even care to put on gloves or something, saying that it would be alright.

In your head, you would call yourself a failure because you could basically just look at a stone and it would begin burning — somehow, you just had a talent to create things that weren't even supposed to be possible, just that it was most likely in a bad way.

But even through, you didn't have up. Albedo always told you that there would be one time that you would have success with your doings, encouraging you that someday, tings wouldn't go wrong — but telling you every time to do it someone by your side and be careful.

Little did you know that this wasn't what he wanted to say. He wanted to say that you should stop, that you shouldn't set all and everything on line just for a little experiment. Maybe he himself would do that, but he don't wanted to see that one day, things would go miserably wrong.

But you were happy with what you were doing when you would just succeed the smallest thing.

So he tried to encourage you.

Trying to make you happy.

Even if that would mean that he himself, would life in fear that one fateful day, you wouldn't come back to him.

So he hold you close, enjoying your warmth as long at it was possible.

——————————————————————————

A/N

ok I feel like this is bad...

Idk what's with my writing today. I wrote a chapter of my other book a few hours ago but I don't like it that much either.

Pls. help.

Still hope you enjoyed and see you hopefully soon

~ Author-Chan