𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 || Dainsleif

Dainsleif x gender neutral reader

Angst ( ofc, what did you expect ;3 )

Spoiler warning of the archon quest that just came out. And I don't really know if you understand what's happening if you didn't did the quest
before o.o )

——————————————————————————

( ok since there isn't much information about how the people lived in Khaenri'ah, it's going to look like some village at / after the medieval period )

It was a few hundred years ago as the nation, named
Khaenri'ah was in times of all its glory, being the only nation that was not ruled by a god.

The people were living their daily lives, the farmers harvest fruits and vegetables, the woman bringing some dirty clothings to the river to wash them or are inside of the houses, making food or playing with their children as the guards of the nation were placed on their posts, guarding everything from any danger that could be waiting outside of the walls that were build to shield the village inside.

Due to other nations having gods and unbelievable strong power, the humans had to be more aware of the surroundings as ever, not having an god to protect the fragile mortals.

There was a young male who was positioned at the gates of the city, wearing the uniform that showed that the blond-haired male was one of the guards, as his sea-blue orbs scanned his surroundings,having his grip always on the handle of his sword so he could draw it quickly every time it was needed.

He patiently waited for the other guards who were supposed to take over his post so he could have a break from just standing around there, as finally, two tall man with one brown, the other also blond hair came into the sight of the male as he turned around due to him hearing the footsteps of the two.

"Morning, Dain"

The blonde greeted in a rather enthusiastic voice as said male just nodded as greeting, the brunette doing the same as Dainsleif now turned around with his whole body, ready to leave as he quickly stepped away, leaving the two men behind as it was now their duty to guard the gate.

"Why is he always leaving so hastily?"

The brunette muttered, rather asking himself the question since the blue-eyed male seemed to always be busy after his job was done, the blond-haired man just slightly chuckled as his green orbs looked at the direction of Dainsleif's leaving figure as he then just shrugged with a grin on his face.

"Young love~"

He almost whispered, turning on his heels as he made himself ready for the long time he would now be standing there, the brunette raising an eyebrow at this, not really understanding what he meant by that.

Meanwhile, the blue-eyed male wandered through the village, walking along a few wooden houses and fields till he reached the middle of the rather big village where a few people were standing around, some selling vegetables on the sides as Dainsleif's blue orbs scanned the area.

Suddenly, someone almost jumped against the male from behind as the blonde stumbled forward a little, turning his head as he saw the person he was looking for, slinging their arms around the male from behind as their face was buried into his back, a slight laugher could be heard as a little — almost not visible smile crept onto the blondes face.

"( Y/N ) I told you to not sneak up on people, right?"

Dainsleif exclaimed in his calm and deep voice like always as his slight smile quickly vanished — not wanting ( Y/N ) to tease him about being happy to see them.