𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 || scaramouche

Scaramouche x gender neutral reader

Angst

——————————————————————————

Most would say that being one of the Fatui Harbingers, one with that much power and influence on the people, one like that couldn't crave much more. What do you want to gain if you already have anything?

Maybe that was true. But there was one harbinger, Scaramouche, the one who was disliked under the Fatui the most due to his way of treating his subordinates — the harsh and tyrannic personality of the male was known by every member of the organization, fearing to meet said harbinger one day.

Someone like him couldn't have something like a
'wish' for his future, right? He would just take what he wanted, no matter the cost. And that was most likely true, it was his way of living on the peak and there couldn't be anything that could not be his.

If it weren't for that one thing. That one thing that he just couldn't reach, that he couldn't have, no matter how much he wanted to take it. Scaramouche didn't knew why he longed after it — after them so much that he spent the nights awake, thinking if there was a way, a way for him to reach his wish.

The person he longed to see so dearly needed secret — ( Y/N ), was like unreachable for the male. And the reason for that? ( Y/N ) belonged to the Knights of favonius and Scaramouche to the Fatui. Some would call it forbidden love — not being able to be together due to the rules of the own affiliation.

The Fatui had their rules and so did the Knights, not allowing any love-relationship between the two members of the other organization.

It was hopeless for the both of them. Meeting under people, making things official or just being seen side by side was something that wasn't possible for them. So they met in secret — when nobody was around, they would see each other under the moonlight, enjoying the little times they had together, even though it wasn't for long and the indigo-haired male would most likely never admit it to someone but he had fun. He liked it. He loved it. He loved them.

But that was over as quick as it had started.

( Y/N ) hadn't come anymore to the place that they would meet, letting the male there alone in the silence that would linger in the air as they wouldn't be there. Scaramouche couldn't do much about it.

Would they do that out of their own free will? He didn't knew. Maybe something happened, maybe they were just busy and forgot. However, whatever reason it was, it didn't let go of Scaramouche.

He wanted to know — no, he needed to know what the reason was.

That was what he thought.

In the end, he wished he just accepted ( Y/N ) to be over him and that they decided it would be best to bring distance between this forbidden love. But that wasn't it.

The male stood in his office as he held two pieces of paper in his hand, in front of him kneeling a subordinate that was given the task to get informations about a certain Knight and their whereabouts as he looked at the ground, not daring to avert his eyes towards the one of the harbinger who had a tight grip on the papers that he read.

"Leave..."

It was almost a whisper as this word escaped the mouth of the indigo-haired male, commanding the subordinate to leave his office as Scaramouche had turned his back towards him, laying the two pieces of paper down on the office desk.

The Fatui agent immediately left, noticing the dangerous dark aura around the harbinger as he didn't had the wish to die so soon.

Written on the paper that now laid on the desk was the last thing Scaramouche wanted to hear.

The report of the dead of the Knight, killed when out on mission of a group Fatui agents on patrol.

The harbinger raised his hand, feeling a headache rose up as he was shaking, breathing heavily as he felt something he never felt before. His hand clenched his clothes on his chest, feeling his heart tighten and the air being almost tear out of his lungs, feeling strange, like he never felt before.

His head shot up as he gritted his teeth, just throwing everything from the desk as things shattered on the ground, to get rid of this feeling in his chest that just tighten even more as the male turned around, shattering things and threw down the book shelves that stood against the wall, on the ground, not knowing what to do as he just wanted that stupid feeling in his chest to be gone.

The loud noises of vases shattering on the ground and the heavy bookshelves falling down, got the attention of several Fatui agents who hurried to the office of the harbinger to check what happened.

"Master! What is—"

One agent said as they rushed inside of the room — bad timing. Before they could even finish their sentence, their throat got cut in half as blood splattered through the room, the other agents staring in shock as the body felt to the ground in front of them, creating a huge puddle of blood at the wooden ground.

Scaramouche's eyes were wide — not in shock but anger. He was mad. Mad at everything and everyone.

He felt empty inside. Not feeling the tiniest thing as he saw the death body on the floor and the frightening looks of the ones who still stood around around, anxious to even move an inch.

The one thing that Scaramouche sincerely wanted to hold close to his side, the one thing that mattered the most — just shattered like the vases that once stood at his desk.

Nothing was interminable but why must it be so early? The harbinger would have given anything — anything to just have one more minute with the one who caused that painful feeling in his chest.

——————————————————————————

A/N

I kinda... don't like this chapter... But it's ok :,)

Hope you still enjoyed this and it wasn't too ooc or something. Have a great day / night!

~Author-Chan