𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 || Diluc

Diluc x gender neutral reader

Angst...? 

——————————————————————————

It was already dark as you came back from Liyue, the moon shining bright on the sky as the many stars were seen above in the dark. You often would travel from Mondstadt to Liyue, selling all kinds of stuff that you got from your journeys. It was tiring to say at least — so you were just happy to finally be home again. Walking towards the bridge that lead towards the city gates, you were surprised to see from afar that there were no guards placed.

But you honestly didn't cared as you just wanted to go home as soon as possible — that was at least your expectation, until you heard the painfully familiar noise of a stupid Abyss mage behind you. Your eyes shot open as your hastily turned around towards the sound of the creature as you were met with two cryro abyss mages and a horde of Hilichurs.

You didn't even had time to react as a sharp ice crystal was sent your way — almost piercing through your head as you thought that it was all over now. But instead of blood splattering all around, something had shielded you as you stumbled back and fell to the ground, looking up to see a person in dark clothes who held a claymore in both of his hands that countered the attack before. He turned his head the slightest as you was only able to see one of his glowing red eyes, his fire-red hair dancing in the cold wind as it was too dark for you too see any other details of the tall male.

The sound of Hilichurs running towards you had dragged you out of your trance again, same as the red haired male who gripped his claymore tightly again, his head turning towards the front as he slashed down the creatures — flames emitted from his weapon as his Pyro vision glowed in the dark. The ice shields of the abyss mages broke as the flaming claymore hit them, sending them to the ground as the male tore the life out of them with one hit.

You stared at the scene in awe — never had you seen someone almost slaughtering multiple monsters with such ease as you didn't even stood up, remaining on the cold stone ground. It was silent for a moment as only the remaining sound of fire burning down the wooden weapons of the defeated Hilichurs was heard, till the red-haired male turned around again. You stared at the creatures on the ground, not even noticing him approaching you before he just picked you up bridal style, taking you by surprise but you didn't complained anyways.

He didn't spoke a word, neither did you as he carried you into town. You enjoyed the warmth that embraced your slightly cold body as you didn't even looked up to see who the male was till he reached your house.

'Wait, how did he know where I live?'

You thoughts got interrupted as the red-head had let you down again. You turned around, wanting to thank him and know who he was but as you did — he was gone. Not even a trace of where he might be as you turned in all directions, searching for the stranger but it seemed to be for no use, he wasn't there.

You let out a slight sigh as you opened the door of your house, looking back one more time before entering.

"Thank you..."