𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐤 || Kazuha

Kazuha x gender neutral reader

Fluff

——————————————————————————

( A/N: I already said this in the one-shots before but Kazuha isn't released yet so I don't know anything about his personality or such )

The sun shone bright at the sky as you and Kazuha laid there on the grass — the male stroking through your ( H/C ) hair as your head was placed on his chest. Kazuha watched the small clouds that passed by above as you just stared holes into the air — thinking about the most random stuff that came to your mind as you stretched your arm to the side, fiddling with the grass beneath your fingertips as a painful familiar scar came to your sight at your wrist.

It wasn't too long ago as you had accidentally ran into a lawachurl and got an injury on your wrist as you wasn't able to properly protect yourself even though you were an adventurer. You wondered what might have happened if Kazuha didn't came around the corner to finish that beast off, as you always had asked yourself how it could be that the white haired male was so strong. It wasn't that you were
jealous — ok maybe a bit, but you were just happy for him to be able to protect himself and others. It was more that you felt weak compared to him, if you wasn't even able to protect your very own live, so how could you even think about protecting others as well?

The more you thought about it, the more moments you remembered where you felt worthless and weak. It was bothering you to say the least since you didn't wanted to look down on yourself in that kind of way, trying to push that thoughts away but it was for no use as just even more things popped up your mind.

"Um... Kazuha? Can I ask you a question...?"

The male perked up at the sound of you voice as he looked down on you as you still had your eyes fixed on the grass. He noticed the unusual tone in you voice as he seemed slightly concerned.

"Yes sure, what is it?"

He asked as his kind and gentle voice rang through your ears. You hesitated for a moment before you decided to finally ask him what you wanted — now looking up at him as you raised your head from his chest.

"Do you think I'm weak?"

It was a serious question and Kazuha could tell that on your look. But even though, he looked at you for a moment with confusion.

"What...? Weak? You?"

"Yes, me"

But as you said that, Kazuha's look changed from confused to serious as well — even more than your look as your facade dropped a bit. The male also raised his head from the ground as he cupped you face and looked directly at your ( E/C ) eyes for a moment before speaking up, staying only a few centimeters apart of you.

"No. No and I don't know how you even get the idea of you being weak"

"But—"

"No but's. Remember when you saved me from that treasure hoarders for example?"

"Yes but I only helped you to run away and not fight back—"

"But that doesn't matter. I didn't had a chance to escape on my own back there and sometimes, running away is more smart than staying and fighting till death. Maybe you aren't the strongest when it comes to fighting, but that's why I'm here to protect you, right? And strength doesn't immediately mean the strength of your body or fighting skills, but also the one of your mind. If you ask me, it's even more cool to be smart than being the best at fighting"

You couldn't help but slightly smile as you slung your arms around the males torso out of reflex as you snuggled near him again. Kazuha looked down on your laying figure before stroking through your hair again, sitting straight this time as he smiled down on you.

 Kazuha looked down on your laying figure before stroking through your hair again, sitting straight this time as he smiled down on you