𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 || Xiao

( here we have this beautiful Halloween special 🧚‍♀️ have fun reading it )

Xiao x Reader

Indirect mention of death

——————————————————————————

What was the first thing that ever existed? It's probably life. The life that brought up everything known to us — the beauty of the world and its universe, along with all living that residents on the planet.

On the first sight, life was nothing but beautiful as it gifted the brightest and most colorful things to us that should stay alive for the longest time possible.

And now what is the last thing that will ever exist? It's death. Death that takes away all the things that shone up so bright before and surrounded it with darkness — slicing everything apart till nothing will be left behind and fading to dust, being carried away in the wind for nobody to be able to catch it ever again.

For the living it was that was they feared the most. The thought of the never ending darkness that would await them if life timed out for each.

Even though it both is the exact opposite, they exist along each other to balance the system of the world.

And what most did not know, the two of them had separate appearances like every other godlike being did as well. They took on a human form and watched over their creation of the living and the dying while trying to maintain the balance between the two opposites at all times.

'Life' was as beautiful as everything built by their hands, as bright as the sun and as pure as a diamond as they goes under the name ( Y/N ) since a couple of years, even though this name was nothing that anybody would know of. Their white ( H/L ) hair and their golden eyes were what one would think of a god / goddess, while their white robe with the golden patterns on it appeared as neat and clean like it did at the day it was created even after all these years.

'Death' was nothing that a human would be amused to think of, imagining the worst pictures and the most cruel things possible, but not one tried to understand the purpose of his existence. His dark coat was worn out and the tips were already full of wholes and burning marks while his hood covered his face completely along with the dark coat that hid his appearance. The huge scythe thats blade was almost as huge as he himself, was rusty and dull but did not once failed to do what it was tasked to. By now, Death went by the name Xiao. It was true, his appearance seemed cruel but he was not an evil soul.

And behind this dark appearance, there was a man just as beautiful as Life was while his golden eyes were shining bright, if they would not be hidden by the darkness of his coat. His hair was as dark as carbon with just a few strands of green hair. His features were nothing to be scared about if one would see him anywhere so that they would quickly run away — he would be the kind of person that people pass on the streets without taking much notice of. But the way he hid this side of himself, the side that people did not fear, was how he was distancing himself of the thought that the living would take interest in him.

"Xiao. Say, why don't you try and let people near you?" ( Y/N ), or better known as Life, asked as they sat at the edge of a high building in the world of the living, smiling down at the mortals that seemed to be so small from up there. A few meters behind them, there stood Xiao who's face was still covered while he held his scythe in one of his hands, his expression as blank as ever. "I was not created to sympathize with such foolish mortals. My task is to take them to the other side as soon as their time on this world reaches its end and that's it"

"Hm... doesn't you feel lonely sometimes?" ( Y/N ) asked, still not averting their eyes off of the people walking under the streetlights as the might has long begun. "I don't care about such things", was the reply that Death gave them "but shouldn't you feel lonely? You created all those things and call these pathetic Humans your friends, but can't even talk to them" the male asked as he thought about the fact that no mortal being was able to see those who created the living and those who ended it.

"No" they replied without any hesitation as they finally turned their head towards the male who looked at ( Y/N )'s smiling self for a while. "Why's that?"

"Because I still have you" was what they said as Life then stood up and walked over towards Xiao who seemed a bit surprised for a second but came back to his usual appearance a second after.

( Y/N ) took the hood off of the male's face as they revealed the face of the man haunted by death and karma, yet he looked so calm and kind. "Sometimes it's a bit annoying how you destroy what I create, but I guess I can't blame you for that. Your important for me you know? Not only in the bay to balance everything in this world, but personally" Life said while smiling, still looking up / down at the unfazed person named Xiao. "Your not supposed to take a liking in me"

A sigh escaped ( Y/N )'s lips as they turned around again. "Say, do you not like me one bit?" They asked as they continued to look down at the small mortals while waiting for the answer of Death, who seemed like he would take his sweet time.

"I do" This was probably not what Life expected the male to say as their eyes widened the slightest bit for a brief second before they grinned again, not taking their gaze from the people yet again. It was enough for them to hear as they heard the quite footsteps of Death as he then moved his scythe, sensing another life coming to an end as he left the place without another further word spoken, fulfilling his duty.

To be honest, Xiao did know that his feelings for
( Y/N ) we're not the ones he was supposed to feel as the creation of the exact opposite. He was aware of the fact that it was more than just a bit of affecting towards them but closed this feeling away in the bottom of his soul. He did not want that all the karma that was only reserved for him, to follow them as well, he did not wanted Life to suffer how he did before slowly getting used to it. So he tried to distance himself from them but was still seen by their side at many times.

It really was difficult.

——————————————————————————

A/N

Happy halloweeeeen 🏃‍♀️💨

Ahh I kinda love this time of the year HAHA and I like the spooky atmosphere at Halloween UwU

However, I hope you enjoyed this special and I'm not sure if it's confusing that I sometimes used the name Death and Life instead of Xiao and ( Y/N ) lol but I just hope it wasn't.

Well thennnn, hope you all have / had a great day and feel free to tell me what you do on Halloween
😌🤌 I watched a few horror movies with friends yesterday already and today, I'm literally doing nothing... But that's really relaxing despite the fact that I have a few exams in school the next days.

Welp, enjoy your day 🙋‍♀️

~ Author