𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 || Yandere!Zhongli

Yandere Zhongli x gender neutral reader

Request by @Æ

Angst

——————————————————————————

Your life always has always been a bit boring — born in Liyue and not being able to leave the nation, even the city, because your parents were the owners of an important shop there, wanting you to take over the business someday. And after both of them died a few years ago, it was now your time to run the shop.

At the funeral of your parents, you had met
Zhongli — a consultant of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. He was most likely the kindest person that you ever encountered after getting to know him a bit better. The tall male even came to your shop short after you first met, just to check on you that you was doing well since both of your parents died at once and now you had no family members left, so Zhongli made it to his task to be the person who would make sure you were okay and safe even though you two didn't knew each other for that long.

He would visit every day, sometimes just for a few minutes and at other days he would stay for maybe hours to especially tell you some story's that you found quite interesting — especially as you were so amazed of the male knowing so many things about literally anything. After the first few weeks where Zhongli would come visit, your male coworker — Luan, got a bit annoyed by this. To be honest, he was interested in you since you two were children just that he never told you about this and preferred to have a bit distance from you, maybe because he was too shy or feared that you wouldn't return his feelings.

For you, he was just a regular friend, not getting a hint of how he felt towards you.

"( Y/N ) you shouldn't get too comfortable around that guy... you don't even know him properly"

The black-haired male said as you two were in the back of your store, just a few minutes after Zhongli had left again.

"Oh c'mon Luan, he is really kind, definitely not a bad person. And above all, seems like he is just concerned. Y'know, it's nice to have someone caring for me like that..."

You said as the male besides you just kept quiet after this. He felt a bit guilty because he always was on distance, even as you needed someone by your side, even as your parents died. The only place where Luan would be near you was at work.

Even after weeks, month and even years, Zhongli came to your shop every day and if you would stay at home because you was sick or something, the male would visit you at your house and bring you something to eat. You couldn't lie about the fact that you got attached to him quickly, loving his kindness and to hear about everything he knew as you would even walk with Zhongli around the harbor after your shift would end, just to spend some time with him, even though he wouldn't mostly be the one who insisted on it — he was good friend, maybe like a brother to you.

Luan on the other hand had long enough of how Zhongli acted the whole time, just coming into their life from one day to the other and just like that, he was so important to you, he didn't wanted that. And he couldn't imagine sole stranger investing so much time in some other person that they didn't even knew before.

"( Y/N )... can I have a minute?"

"Hm? Yes sure, what is it?"

You asked as you stood behind the counter of your shop, Zhongli on his usual spot in front of it as Luan stood a bit further behind, mentioning you to come a bit closer.

"Listen, I— I know this Zhongli guy is important to you by now but still, I don't want that he will do something that could hurt you or something, so please, you—"

"Luan"

You interrupted him, taking his hands in yours to confirm him that you were okay and were sure that the brown-haired male was a kind soul.

"Luan, I can tell that without any doubt..."

You begun, now cupping his face to look in his eyes.

"Zhongli is a good person and he would never do—"

But even before you could finish your sentence — within a second, the sound of a blade running though flesh and bones was hear as the head of Luan fell to the ground — cut off by the blade of a spear that was in the hands of the person you thought was the kindest one of all.

"—something... bad...."

You whispered the last words you wanted to say as the still warm blood of your friend and coworker was splattered on your clothes, your hair and face — everywhere. Your eyes had widened as you looked in shock at your red tinted hands as they were still at the place where Luan's head once was, watching how his now lifeless body fell to the ground while his clothes were about to soak up all the blood from the red puddle that was created on the ground.

"W— what did y—you...."

You whispered before turning your head towards Zhongli who stood there with his polearm in his hand, blood even splattered all over him while his glowing amber eyes glanced down at the dead body that laid on the wooden ground without any expression before looking up at you, seeing that your whole body was shaking as he now seemed to be the slightest upset.

"( Y/N ) don't worry, you don't need to be scared"

He said cupping your face still from behind the counter as he stroked a few hair strands out of your face while you wasn't able to move an inch, wanting to step back and run away as your whole body screamed at you to get away but even though, you felt like you were frozen in place.

"Nobody will hurt you my dear, I won't allow anyone to touch you"

Tears escaped your eyes as you didn't even knew that you were crying, not knowing how this even turned out that way. How did someone like him, auch a kind person, was able to do something like that. Zhongli said he wouldn't do anything to you but it didn't felt like it — you felt like you were dying every second after realizing that this wasn't just a bad dream or something and instead the pure reality. your body didn't reacted the whole as Zhongli kissed your forehead while a million thoughts were running through your head.

"Don't be scared, ( Y/N ) my dear, your safe now"

——————————————————————————

A/N

Ahh finally got to write this one as well 🕺💃

I thought that this would be a complicated one-shot at first but after I finally found some ideas about how to start, it went pretty well I think. So I'm pretty satisfied with how this story went out tbh since I usually didn't even read yanderes myself so I don't know much about it. But anyways, hope that y'all enjoyed as well 🤝

Yeahhh, so then, I'm planning on doing a Gorou one-shot next but aren't sure about the story line rn. After that will be a beidou x fem!reader for sure, so be tuned 🧚‍♀️✨

~ Author