Thirty-One

The older-looking doctor nodded his head; confirming Paul's question. The bassist felt himself start to fall backwards; luckily the hard metal seat was close by to catch him.

"Can I see 'er? Please, I need to see 'er!" Paul begged the doctor. John plopped down in another green, metal chair, next to his band mate. "Are ye fuckin' serious, doc? It's true?" John raised an eye-brow in the direction of the doctor. Another nod 'yes' from the older gentleman.

"Mr. McCartney, to answer your question, Ms. Livingston is on the third floor room 326." The aging doctor half smiled at Paul.

The hazel-eyed bassist, hastily removed himself from the uncomfortable chair toward the elevator. John wasn't far behind him, "'Old up, mate!"He huffed. "I'm comin' wif ye."

Paul abruptly turned to face the older Beatle, "No, Lennon! I want to be alone with Sarah for a while."

John had a look of hurt splashed upon his features. "Go make something up to the lads, Brian and Dick, will ye?" And with that Paul pressed the '3' button, then the heavy doors closed shut.

***

Room 326...

Paul reached room 326 and let himself in; closing the door behind him. He spotted a white chair next to Sadie's hospital bed; and plopped down, sighing. The young man leaned forward, stroking Sadie's right cheek, as she slept peacefully. Paul loved this girl with all his heart;and now they were going to be parents in 8 months time. He always wanted kids, but was quite scared. I'm only twenty-two. Not sure if I'm ready to be a father yet. Hell, I'm not even sure, I want to settle down yet! The band is still in their prime and I want to see the world! Then there's Jane..

By now, the brown eyed beauty woke up, groggy and slightly confused. "Uh, Paul?"

"Yes, Sade?" Paul asked, as he was jolted back to reality.

"Why am I in the hospital? All I remember is that I went to the bathroom and now here I am."

Moving the chair closer to his lover's bed, Paul gently held Sadie's hand, stroking her knuckles. "Sarah,I dunno 'ow ta tell ye this, " He chewed his bottom lip, continuing."Y-You..We-We'r' goin' ta be parents in eight months time..."

"We're..what?"  Her angelic features, now twisted with a look of horror. "This!..."She pointed a finger down at her, now, flat stomach."Can't be happening! I'm too fucking young to go through another pregnancy again!"

Paul tried to stay calm for Sadie's own good. "Do you think I wanted this to happen, Sarah? Right now, wif the Beatles bein' a 'uge success an' everythin'?"

"So, you think it's my fucking fault, then?" She pointed a thunb toward her chest, raising her voice, slightly.

"If the shoe bloody fits!"

Out of nowhere, the petite woman, drew a hand back; slapping the singer right across his pretty-boy face. "Get the fuck out of my room! I don't ever want to speak to you again, Paul McCartney! I'll raise this baby myself!"

Tears began to form but the stubborn brunette wasn't about to give the Beatle any satisfaction of seeing her cry. No, Sadie would wait until the door had been closed and Paul was gone!

Paul in shock and disappointment, rubbed  his left cheek and stated, "Fine! If tha's the way ye wan' it..."

Without blinking an eye, he turned toward the hospital door, flinging it open and closed with such  force; it rattled the room. The young woman watched as her (former) lover walked out the door and  down the corridor to the nearest elevator. Just then did the tears flow freely like water falls. All alone and pregnant. Where was she to go? Patsy, her sister wouldn't take her back. For Christsakes, the older sibling, most-likely hasn't a clue Sarah was even in the hospital--or worse: pregnant...with a Beatle's child---The cute Beatle; no doubt!

A nurse came into check if things were alright. The brunette sobbed a 'no.' Proceeding to tell the older nurse bits and pieces of the encounter, the nurse went to get a mild sedative for Sadie. Upon returning with a needle in hand, the nurse distributed the medicine through an IV. The petite brunette, thanked the older woman, quickly falling into a dreamless slumber.