chapter twenty

After George shut the door behind himself, Sadie hoped he wasn't trying to make a pass at her. Wear something dressy and a little revealing. This comment played over and over again in her mind. Sadie pushed the thought aside for the time being.

Six-fifteen p.m. She had two hours and fifteen minutes until George picked her up. Opening the large closet, Sadie rummaged through her attire. Throwing blouses, skirts, and dresses onto her bed along the way. Finally deciding upon a black dress,with  a scooped neckline, coming a tad above the knees, and a black bow in front to boot. Can't forget the black heels.

After forty-five minutes of trying to figure out what on Earth to wear, Sadie hopped into the shower.

With that out of the way, she slipped into the black dress. It felt nice. Looking at her reflection in the mirror, Sadie smiled, satisfied. Next, was her hair and make-up. Seeing as there wasn't much time, opting for letting her hair down at her shoulders was best. Sadie's blonde hair cooperating as the bob stayed flipped up. Thank God...

Not as she liked wearing make-up, Sadie had to be in the mood to put it on; which wasn't very often. I definitely look beautiful without it. She thought to herself as she lightly applied some red lipstick and a hint of foundation. Screw the mascara and eye-shadow! Smiling at the finished product in the mirror, Sadie added a touch of  vanilla  (not that overpowering, 'I'm going to cough up a lung')perfume. Lastly, she slipped on her black heels and was ready for a night on the town with the lads, Neil and Mal.

Promptly at eight-thirty George knocked on her door. As she opened it, George greeted with a 'wolf whistle. This made Sadie blush. "Ready to go, luv?"

A genuine smile splashed across Sadie's face. "I am."

Linking arms together, they headed off toward the limo awaiting them. When they arrived, Mal stood by the door, holding it open for them. "Thank you, Mal." George and Sadie spoke. Mal just smiled and winked.

George and Sadie sat facing the front, while John and Ringo sat opposite facing the back window. Neil obviously seated in the front passenger seat. Everyone exchanged their 'hellos' and Sadie received a few appreciative 'nods' and 'winks' from Ringo and John (who was actually behaving-so far!).

The car ride took only fifteen minutes, but the scenery was beautiful. The ocean, the beach, the quaint little shops etc... "We're here!" The sound of Neil's voice, breaking Sadie's trance. They were indeed at the club. The Indigo.