Chapter 32

The next day, Sadie awoke miserable and depressed. The doctor gave the girl a clean bill of health along with congratulations on expecting. This only made Sadie even more upset. She was discharged, but had no one to call. Stubbornness once again set in, as a cab was summoned.

"Take me to Twickenham Studios, please." Sadie told the cab driver, after she was inside the vehicle.

The cabbie smiled and drove off.

---------

Sadie thanked the cabbie and handed him some cash.

Her petite hands felt clammy and a knot twisted inside her stomach. Sadie carefully walked up to the huge double doors; grabbing hold of the one and pushing it open. Walking inside, the brunette found a receptionist and asked if The Beatles were filming today. The bitchy receptionist replied with a "yeah, down the hall to your left."

Without so much as a thank you, Sadie strode down the corridor, until she found the large door. A sign placed on front of the door clearly read DO NOT DISTURB! FILMING IN PROGRESS! Looking around to see if anyone was coming in and out or down the corridor, Sadie figured the coast was clear. With a deep intake of breath, she knocked loudly on the heavy door. Within a few minutes, the door opened with a creak.

"Ello?" The rather familiar voice asked, staring at the girl; who in turn, shifted her gaze toward the concrete floor. Sadie spoke not a word. Mumbling something inside the studio quick, The man with the thick Liverpudlian accent slipped out the door and into the corridor with Sadie.

"Sarah, that ye?"

The brunette nodded weakly; lifting her head toward the person standing next to her. Ringo.

"Wha' ar' ye doin' 'ere,luv?" The drummer asked. Concern filling his blue eyes.

Before a word could leave her lips, Sadie broke down and cried on Ringo's shoulder. It broke his heart to see her cry like this. He'd heard everything from Paul...and John. "Let's go down the the canteen and grab a cup of tea, shall we?" The drummer proposed, putting a caring arm around her shoulder; as they walked to the lower level.

Sadie choked back sobs. "Thanks."

_______________________________________

Ringo bought two cups of tea and two blueberry scones. Placing a cup and scone in front of Sadie and himself; he sat down. "Now luv," Ringo smiled weakly. "Tell me 'wha's wrong."

Sadie sighed as she blew on her hot tea and began telling the Beatle everything that happened.

When everything became out in the open, Sadie felt much better. She hadn't known the drummer too long, but felt he was a big brother of sorts to her. She felt comfortable around him. Leaning over, Sadie pulled Ringo into a bear hug. "You're welcome!" He smiled, still hugging the girl.

As the two pulled apart, another familiar face made their way toward the table. PAUL. At first he didn't realise the drummer was having a deep conversation with anyone out of the ordinary. That is until Paul stood in front of Sadie and Ringo.

Paul stood there,arms crossed with a stoic expression plastered all over his boyish features.. "Wha's all this, then? Why'r ye 'ere, Sarah?"

Sarah picked at those long nails of hers. "I realised...I was wrong, Paul." She sighed, not daring to make eye contact. "I DO need you in my life and I'm very sorry for being a bitch! Just the initial shock of knowing once again..."

Tears once again welling up in those brown orbs.

Paul, now showing compassion toward his (former) lover, sat down next to Sadie; pulling the girl close to his chest. "I-I'm sorry fer bein' a prick ta ye yesterday too! Jus' overwhelmed wif everythin' ye know?" He smiled, slightly. "I'm rather excited ta be a father an' can' wait ta meet the lil' tike."

She smiled into The Beatle's chest, not wanting to leave the comforts of his strong embrace. This is where Sadie belonged.

"Let's go back to me 'ouse an' get reacquainted, shall we?" Paul whispered into Sadie's ear as she nodded into his chest.

By now, the drummer silently made his exit back to the studio; informing the others it was certain Paul had no intentions to continue filming today.