Chapter 35

In the following days, Paul had received word  Sadie and their unborn child would be laid to rest soon. Patricia, made it crystal clear that The Beatles; especially Paul, must stay away or else! The bassist felt horrible about everything that happened. He wished there was some way he could just communicate with her one last time...

***

"Paul..." The bassist jolted awake from his drunken stupor. "Paul..." He rubbed his bloodshot hazel eyes and scanned the dimly lit bedroom. This is a joke, right? A bloody horrible joke! Paul thought to himself.

Standing at the foot of The Beatle's bed was none other than Sadie-his Sadie. "I'm not bloody dreaming, am I, then?" Paul wondered aloud, mouth agape at the angelic figure before him.

A sad smile appeared on the young woman's face. "Paul...my Paul..." She knelt on the soft bed, cupping his face in her hands. "James Paul McCartney, look what you're doing to yourself!" A single tear slipped down her tanned cheek. Sadie continued, "Listen to me, what happened to both of us...was not your fault!"

Paul wanted so much to turn towards the bedroom door--away from his Sadie, but he couldn't. "I feel so 'elpless without you and our unborn child. I'm a bastard and don't deserve to live!" He openly sobbed, now holding onto his girl; like his life depended on it.

Sadie violently grabbed his once muscular shoulders; shaking The Beatle with fury. "As of right now, YOU need to stop this shit about feeling guilty and sorry for yourself!"  Paul couldn't put together the words to say what he was thinking.

"Ouch!" A look of pure horror plastered all over his whisker-covered face, as he rubbed the sore spot on his left cheek. "Serves you right!" Sadie smirked.

The bassist whimpered harder, wiping his eyes. "I'm 'orry. I'm a bloody fuckin' daft prick."

The brunette grinned," That's a start!" Engulfing Paul into a full-bodied hug. Paul wiped the steadily streaming tears with his sleeve. "I love you...both of ye."

Sadie withdrew herself, standing back up next to the bed. "My Paul, please promise me you'll quit the heavy drinking and the drugs? I don't want to see you die before your time." Her chocolate brown eyes pleading.

Sighing, he promised with every beat of his heart, he would clean up his act and move forward.

Leaning forward, Sadie gave her Paul, a passionate kiss on the lips. Smiling, as he remembered what her luscious lips felt against his. "I have to go now, My Paulie; my time with you is almost up..."Sadie broke apart the satisfying kiss. "I know...but just remember, we're always by your side."

"We're?" A confused expression clouded Paul's features. The young woman nodded with a hint of  small smile playing at her lips. "Look..."

Right in front of Paul McCartney's eyes stood Sadie, with not only Michelle...but their unborn child. A little bundle of joy, James Michael.

Words could not express the pure joy...and sadness forming on the musician's face at that moment. "Can I 'old them both?" His voice quaking with anticipation.

"Of course." The proud mother beamed, handing Michelle and James to her Paul.

Paul studied each child intently. He couldn't believe the miracles he saw today! Kissing both infants tiny heads, the bassist added, "I love ye both!"

Once again Sadie interrupted, "Paul...it's time. We need to move on..." Tears of sadness began flowing down Paul's face. "Thank you, my love..." One last kiss, Paul and Sadie shared before everything went dark.