chapter eighteen

As Sadie walked to the nearest mail box (which was a block away), she couldn't get the Mary Wells tune "My Guy" out of her head.Sadie sang to herself, doing a little happy dance.

Nothing you can do

Could make me untrue to my guy

Nothing you could buy

Could make me tell a lie to my guy

I gave my guy my word of honor

To be faithful and I'm gonna

You best be believing

I won't be deceiving my guy

As a matter of opinion I think he's tops

My opinion is he's the cream of the crop

As a matter of taste to be exact

He's my ideal as a matter of fact

Oblivious to the world around her at this moment, Sadie collided with something;sending her falling to the ground. Looking up from where she lay on her stomach, Sadie saw what or rather WHO it was that broke her fall..

John.

He stopped dead in his tracks, lending his calloused hand out to help Sadie off the ground. Removing his Ray Bans from his face, a concerned look spread across. "'Orry luv. Didn' see ya there. You alright?"

"Yeah." She grabbed his hand as she stood up, wiping herself off. "Just a bit stunned at the moment."

John chuckled to himself. "It's not every day you hear someone say 'I ran in to a Beatle'"

"Quite true, luv. Quite true. What were ya doin' out here anyway?" He questioned, as Sadie picked up her letter, that lay on the ground. "Just heading to the nearest mail box to drop this letter I wrote."Sadie gestured holding the white envelope up.

As they both stood awkwardly for a moment, a sly idea developed in John's mind. Clearing his throat "Sadie, heard you 'ad a run in with Macca's 'other half'..." The mention of anything remotely related to Jane Asher sent Sadie's blood pressure sky rocketing!

Teeth clenched and fists tightened, a look of pure hatred on her beautiful features. "Don't you ever mention that  catty bitch around me again! Do you hear? Or THERE will be hell to pay!" John had never seen the 'dark' side of her before. Frankly, it scared the shit out of him! John audibly gulped and mumbled something to himself as he quickly strode toward the house.

****

"PAUL! PAUL, WHERE THE BLEEDIN' HELL 'AR YA??" The booming voice of John Lennon could be heard all through the house.

No answer.

John tried again, louder and louder calling Paul's name. Running up and down the long staircase. Knocking on every door he found. Still no sign of Paul, or anyone else for that matter. John out of breath, knocked on Paul's door, one last time. Alas, signs of life!

The huge wooden door creaked open, revealing a very pissed off Paul McCartney! He stood only wearing a blue towel around his waist. His hair dripping wet, from just getting out of the shower. "What in bloody 'ell is it, Lennon?"

John looked around for any sign of Jane. He whispered to the bassist, "Is Jane here? It's important and kind of private."

Paul huffed and rolled his eyes, shutting the bedroom door a crack as he mumbled something to Jane. John couldn't really understand. "Make it fast, Lennon!" Paul narrowed his hazel eyes, quickly walking behind John to his room.

Inside the privacy of John's room, he informed Paul all about how "nutty" and "batty" Sadie became when the name of Jane Asher was mentioned. "You need to do something Paul...and fast!" John sighed, shaking his head.

Paul sat on the chair. "I hoped this would've never happened-Jane coming up here to surprise me and all." Putting his head in his hands, sighing.

"Let Me ask you this, Paul: Who do you want a 'real' relationship with?"