chapter twenty-two

Paul stopped dead in his tracks and sneered. "Ringo!?"

Another snort emitted from Sadie. "That's what I said. Jealous much, Paulie?" Paul stood in the same spot with arms crossed, pretending to sulk. "I'm not. Ye know damn well 'o yer favourite Beatle is and it's NOT Ringo!"

Antagonizing Paul even more now, she added, "Of course it's Ringo. He's such a Teddy Bear; so cute and cuddly. Oh, and that laugh of his; it's infectious!"

We'll see 'o's antagonizin 'o now, missy! A plan formulating in Paul's brain.

He picked Sadie up and threw her over his left shoulder. Protests and screams heard in the process. Walking toward a secluded area of the beach, Paul gently lay Sadie on the soft, white sand. A mischievous twinkle in his bright green eyes. "Now, I'm givin' ye one mo' chance, woman. 'O is yer favourite Beatle?"

Sadie propped her elbows in the sand and sat up slightly. "Once again, Ringo."

That did it for Paul! He pushed Sadie into the sand. Getting on top of her, he began fiercely tickling her ribs. A stoic look on her face. "Not going to work, Paul. I'm not ticklish in the least." Who was she kidding? Every part of her body was ticklish!

Determined for revenge more than ever, Paul began tickling Sadie's sides with a bit more pressure. It was working! Sadie's slender body wiggled and squirmed all over the soft sand. "This isn't fair." She whined. No luck breaking free!

Paul still on top of her, The tickling had ceased, but his strong arms had a firm grip on her sides. His gorgeous hazel eyes, now meeting Sadie's dark chocolate brown. "One more time, I'm gonna ask ye. 'O is yer favourite Beatle?"

Keeping her gaze, Sadie murmured, "You."