Chapter One

****So sorry if there are any grammatical or punctuation errors!****

It was a cold, February morning in nineteen sixty-five,  as the alarm clock beeped on the edge of the small wooden night table it was perched on. Sadie groggily moaned and reached over and shut it off, loudly. "Ugh. It's only 8 o'clock!" She grumbled, rubbing her dark, chocolate brown eyes.

She rolled over and fell back asleep.

"Sadie!" Her older sister Patricia, hollered from the small kitchen.

Sadie did not respond to her sister.

Patsy huffed, walking out of the small white kitchen. She walked toward her sister's bedroom door and pounded on it. "Sarah Penelope Livingston get the hell out of bed or YOU will be late for that audition! Lord knows we need the money right now!"

Sadie groaned again, reluctantly moving from her warm place under her dark blue comforter.

She hated to admit it, but her sister was right-they did need the money! Even though Patsy was modeling, it wasn't enough with both of the girls sharing a flat.

Even if she had no real acting experience, Sadie had parts in various elementary and high school plays.

About ten (rather slow) minutes later, Sadie emerged from her bedroom dressed in a medium blue knee-length dress with blue flats. Her hair was (now) dyed blonde and flipped up-her dark brown roots showing through, ever-so slightly.

" You look very nice, Sadie." Her sister smiled sweetly, patting the wooden chair next to her seat in the kitchen. Sadie smiled "Thanks." and sat down. She practically inhaled her breakfast.

"Gotta go!" Sadie finished the last of her breakfast and quickly stood up from the kitchen chair. She grabbed her blue hand bag, keys and headed towards the front door.

"Break a leg!" Patsy yelled as Sadie ran down the road to catch the number nine bus to Twickenham Film Studios.

Sadie made it to the studio with fifteen minutes to spare. She stood next to the huge double doors to the studio, rummaging through her hand bag for a pack of Marlboro's. No such luck!

I need something to calm my damn nerves down! Sadie thought to herself.

As she was just about to give up and go inside and wait for the auditions to start, she turned around and smacked head first into a young man standing next to her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, sir." Sadie rubbed the sore spot on her head, apologizing to the young man standing before her.

"It's no problem, miss."He genially smiled, looking into her dark chocolate brown eyes with his own gorgeous hazel.

He had what seemed to be a mustache and goatee very poorly glued on his face. Why does he have faux hair all over his what seems to be-baby face? She shrugged her shoulders.

Back to her previous task Sadie politely asked the young man "Do you by chance have another cigarette I can borrow? I seem to have left my pack at home in a rush to make it here on time for the auditions."

The young man nodded and handed her a cigarette. Sadie gladly obliged, lit it and inhaled the sweet nicotine. She smiled and soon her ball of nerves disappeared.

"Please excuse me. Where are my manners? My name is Sarah, but everyone calls me Sadie." She extended her delicate hand and the young man shook it. "Me name's James."

They both smiled.

"I'd better be going in for that audition for the new Beatles film." She said, throwing the cigarette stub onto the ground below. "Surely. Good luck, Sadie!" James smiled as he opened the door to Twickenham and let her pass, before following her and going through another set of doors and out of sight.

Sadie stood standing in the long line of young women hoping to get some sort of role in a Beatles movie. She wasn't there because it was 'The Beatles', she could care less about them. In fact she heard a select number of their songs and much preferred The Who! Oh that Keith Moon with his boyish good looks and mad-drumming skills. She swooned to herself.

Snapping out of her trance, Sadie started looking around at all the young women. They had to range in age from sixteen to at least twenty-six. Every single one of these women were dressed in low-cut attire and looked like clownish-whores with all that fucking make-up on! What is so goddamn special about these guys anyway? Sadie was the only 'normal-looking', nineteen year old there!  She was a bloody prude in comparison!. That about summed it up.  No need for make-up (she felt she looked naturally beautiful without it) and no need to feel she was a slut either!

It was almost her turn. This is it! It's now or fucking never! I just need to get this audition over with and hopefully land this gig.

"Next." A slightly older woman called from her spot behind a small table.. Sadie began to feel her nerves come back again. "Hello. I'm Sarah." She smiled at the older woman.

The older woman sneered. "You're American!" Sadie's smile started to fade. "I am. What is wrong with being American?"

"They are startin' to come from all ovah the world, just to be near The Beatles!" She huffed, shaking her blond beehive.

Sadie fumed, both hands clenched at her sides-making fists,  " I am NOT here just to get a glimpse of The Beatles or whatever their fans do,I moved here last ye....Why am I even explaining this to you?"

The older woman didn't budge, but instead handed Sadie a manuscript for Help! and showed her to the next room.

Little did Sadie know, that young man with the poorly-glued facial hair and gorgeous hazel eyes, was eavesdropping.

***

Twenty minutes later, Sadie emerged from the other room. She looked just as nervous-if not more nervous than when she was in the room.

While in there, she went over some lines for the part of 'Ahme';the lead female role. She didn't think she did all that well, but tried as best she could.

The director, Richard Lester was present as were other important people.

When done reading 'Ahme's lines,' Richard Lester thanked her for coming and smirked, "If we want you, we'll be in touch in about a week. Good day."

Sadie was taken aback with the harsh comment. People are really rude if you are not from their country, aren't they?

Trying to be optimistic, she walked out the studio doors, getting stares and whispers along the way.