Chapter Thirty-Eight

Paul, swaying on the bar stool drunkenly yelled to the barman for yet another refill. The barmanr shook his head' no' and the bassist was cut off.

Anger raged through Paul's body. All he wanted was to have ANOTHER beverage for Christsakes and whatever it took- he WAS going to have ANOTHER alcoholic beverage!

"Now look 'ere," Paul slurred, slamming the glass on the wood.

Before he had a chance to say anything more, the barman immediately turned his bald head around facing the Beatle. He was pissed off. Grabbing Paul's shirt collar, the barman lifted him up into the air; Paul left dangling  by his feet. "Listen ya twit, 'ow many times do I need to tell ya, you're cut off; you've 'ad 'enough?" The barman gritted his crooked teeth.

Refusing to back down, the bassist egged him on more so. "The Customer is always right, 'an wha' the customer wants they should receive!" Paul squirmed in the barman's grip, trying any which way to kick the old man in the balls.

"Not gonna work. I know all the bloody tricks in the book!" A self-satisfied smirk spread across the barman's sweaty face.

"Ye bloody tosser, fuck ye! I'll go get the owner an' HE will gimme my fuckin' drink!" Paul spat in the barman's face.

Without batting an eye, the older man socked the Beatle right in his pretty-boy face. Paul was knocked to the ground, unconscious. 

Serves the bastard right for acting like an arse. The barman thought, wiping his bare hands on his white apron. "Teach 'im not to mess with a Sergeant Major in the army." 

_______

The curtains had still been closed, but it was light out? This bed...it's not mine! Where's my comfortable bed? My Home? Where Am I? The young man thought to himself.

His whole body ached, as he tossed and turned. "Ugh."

"Don't move too much." The soothing, familiar voice cooed. "Let me get you some aspirin and a glass of water."

The young man smiled gratefully as the young woman helped him. Boy did that ice cold water feel good on the back of his throat. Maybe the pain he felt everywhere would help with the medicine soon.

"My God Paul, what happened? You acted so foolish!" Allie raised her voice slightly.

Paul turned away, feeling embarrassed and guilty for his actions. "Allie, luv, The only thing I remember is getting into a row at the studio. Afterwards, all I wanted to do was clear my head and have a few alcoholic beverages to unwind." He sighed, rubbing his black and blue cheek.

Allie moved closer to Paul on the bed. "James Paul McCartney, what the hell happened to that promise you made to Sadie and your unborn child?" Lifting his face to meet hers, Allie could see a tear drip down Paul's cheek. "I'm a fuck up; I'm a loser and I'm not what I appear to be."

Allie couldn't help but chuckle at the last bit. " Christ Paulie, you're such an idiot, but I love you dearly." She kissed him gently on the lips.

"I Love you too and I really am sorry." Paul pulled away. Allie wrapped her arms around the Beatle's neck. "I know."

"Will you be me wife?" Paul asked with hope.

Allie gave him a tentative look. "Are you serious?"

With a great big smile, "Alexandria Morgan, I've nevah been more serious n me life. I Love you!"

'Then yes, I would love nothing more than to be your wife, Mr. McCartney!" Allie squealed in delight, wrapping her long arms around the bassist; almost squeezing him to death.

*******I'M SAD TO SAY, THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS STORY. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO READ/COMMENTED AND FAVOURITED IT! I HAD A LOT OF FUN WRITING IT!********