Chapter 40: Licensing Test Begins pt. 1

Satsuki Todoroki

Quirk: Half Cold Half Hot, Terrakinesis

----------------------------------------------------------------

Soon the day of the exam had arrived. I tried taking deep breaths to calm my nerves, but that's when my eyes glanced at Midoriya and memories came flooding back.

It was about two days before the exam.

"I can try getting a sample of his blood, but it'll be hard"

The person on the other side of the call sounded happy that I finally gave in.

'You still have my present right?'

I looked over at a box on my desk that held the device. I opened it and there it was a small tube that had an even smaller tube coming out from it that connected to a small glass vial that was the size of my ring finger and as wide as my thumb. On the larger tube was a button that when pressed shot out a needle.

"Don't worry, Toga, I still have it. He should be asleep by now, so I'll leave you there and meet you when I've done the job,"

"Satsuki," a voice said interrupting my train of thought, "Satsuki!"

I looked over at the voice and saw Yuna. She looked worried.

"Huh,"

"You okay. You seemed to be somewhere else," Shoto said

"I'm just a little nervous,"

"Try taking deep breaths to calm your nerves," Shoto suggested

I tried doing that again and it started working when...

"Ready! Plus-" Kirishima was cut off

"Ultra!!!!" some other kid, who looked strangly familiar yelled

The sudden outburst startled me putting my already heightened nerves at maximum overdrive. It didn't help that my mind was racing about that night.

'What if Midoriya told someone about that night'

'What have I done? What have I done?'

I was beginning to spiral, my mind racing, memories flashing in my mind. I tried taking more deep breaths pushing those thoughts and memories as deep into my mind as I could. Then I felt an elbow poke my sides. It was Shoto. He was worried.

"Oh, and Satsuki, you're a lot prettier in person than on TV," a girl from another school complimented

"Oh, uh, thank you," I said

"Hey. Get your costumes and head to orientation," Mr. Aizawa said, "There's no time to waste"

"Yes sir!" we all said

We all changed into our hero costumes and went to the main auditorium where the orientation was being held. The auditorium was packed with hero course students. That's when I realized the magnitude of the exam.

"So, many people," Yuna said awestruck

I nodded in agreement. Soon a man who looked incredibly tired got up to the podium.

"Okay then. Let's do this exam thing," he began, "I'm from, uh, the Heroes Public Safety Commission. Names Mera. My circadian rhythm is so screwed up, ah man, I haven't slept lately and I haven't gotten much rest. We're too short staffed, I'm so tired,"