Chapter 19: Sibling Battle

Shoto Todoroki

Quirk: Half Cold, Half Hot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked up the stairs and looked over at Satsuki she looked nervous as if the next words she was about to say were killing her on the inside.

"Shoto, there's something I need to tell you," she breathed

"What is it?" I asked

"I've been hiding something from you and it's time for me to come clean," she said

"What's wrong?"

"It's about my Quirk, I--" she said but I couldn't hear her over all the cheering and Present Mic's voice. 

"Alright, let's get started. Are you ready?! Begin!" Present Mic announced. 

Satsuki didn't know that I couldn't hear her and she created ice spikes. I couldn't dodge fast enough and the ice caught my foot. I used my fire and melted the ice and shot flames at her. She rolled out of the way and made more ice. Continuing, with the fire I melted it and moved ice back to her. She got caught in it and melted it enough to get out of my trap. 

I could tell since our Quirks were so similar that this would go forever if I kept using one element at a time, so I used both my ice and fire at the same time and shot fire and ice at her. It made steam and I could tell that when the steam subsided there was a wall of cement in front of Satsuki. I stood there with awe my mouth slightly open.

'When was she able to do that and for how long?' I thought. The wall stood there for about five more seconds before smashing into bits. Satsuki had her left fist curled and her body slightly forward. Her eyes were serious and we looked at each other, Satsuki getting into a fighting stance. That's when she ran to me. She went for the punch and I barely dodged it. Her other hand went for the punch and it hit me in the stomach and knocked me back with so much force it knocked the wind out of me.

I rolled backward and instantly made a ice blocking to stop me from rolling. I tried catching my breath.

"Let's end this," Satsuki said as she cracked her knuckles. I could feel a cold sweat on my neck. I have never seen Satsuki act like this. She went for another punch and I moved my head away and she punched the ice block.

I created a fireball and threw it at Satsuki it hit her and she was shot back. I continued this three more times and she kept getting pushed back. She was off balance and used that to my advantage and trapped her in ice or so I thought she used her fire and melted the ice. I ran toward her and moved my leg under her feet making her fall. She looked up at me and smirked.

"What are you smiling at? It's over," I asked

"No, it's not," she answered as she got up, closed her eyes, and moved her hand up. I watched as the ground under us move with her hand. Soon, the ground began to shake and little pebbles were floating. Ice crystallized her entire right side and flames sprouted from her left. When she opened her eyes they were brighter and they looked like they were glowing.

 When she opened her eyes they were brighter and they looked like they were glowing