Chapter 15: Battle On!

Shoto Todoroki

Quirk: Half Cold, Half Hot

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was overwhelmed and it made me break the promise I made to myself a long time ago. Ida and Kaminari, Yaoyorozu and Tokoyami, Ururaka not even my sister felt it. At that moment, I was the only one who could sense your true power," I recalled, "It reminded me of something, experiencing All Might's Quirk,"

"Yeah, okay is that all," Midoriya asked

"I'm saying the power I felt was like All Might's. Midoriya, tell me, are you really All Might's secret love child or something? Well, are you?" I asked

"No way, that's not it at all, but even if it was true I'd probably say 'no ' to so you probably don't believe me. Anyway, I promise you got the wrong idea and why would you ever think that about me," he stammered

"'That's not it at all' is interesting wording it suggests that there is something between you two that you're not supposed to talk about. My father is the hero, Endeavor, you must have heard of him," I explained, "which you know that he is the number two hero, so if you're connected to the number one hero, All Might, in some way that I have even more reason to beat you,"

I paused for a moment then continued,

"My old man is ambitious he aims for the top. He used his power to make a name for himself as a hero, but he was never able to best All Might, so the Symbol of Peace is living proof of his failure. He's still at it though, trying to take down All Might one way or another," I explained

"What are you trying to tell me, Todoroki?" Midoriya asked

"Have you ever heard of Quirk marriages?" I asked, "They became a problem the first few generations after superpowers became widespread. There were those who sought out a mate for the sole purpose of creating powerful children," I explained, "Many people were forced into relationships. They were simply viewed as old fashioned arranged marriages, but clearly, it was unethical. My father has not only a rich history of accomplishments but plenty of problems. He bought my mothers relatives to get his hands on her Quirks and now he's raising me. It's so annoying. I refuse to be a tool for that scumbag."

He had a face of shock before he asked something, "What about Satsuki?"

"To my dad, she is inferior to me because she can't control her Quirk as well as I can. So, my dad thinks less of her even though we have the same Quirk. It infuriates me. Satsuki is stronger than me I've seen how strong she is but no matter what my dad doesn't see it,"

I paused and looked at Midoriya. He had the same face as Yuna did when I told her. It was one of pity. I soon continued talking.

"In every memory of my mother, I always see her crying. I remember she called my left side unbearable before she poured boiling water on my face. The reason I picked a fight with you was to show my old man what I was capable of doing without relying on his damned fire Quirk. You see, I'm going to show him that I reject his power and I can take first place without using it,"

I walked away, "You're obviously connected to All Might even if you won't tell me about it but no matter how fiercely you come at me in the future. I will defeat you using only my right side. I can assure you that,"

"Hey wait!" Midoriya yelled making me stop, "I'm only here because others have supported me I've been really lucky. In fact, I've had even more help since I came to UA. All Might is constantly saving people with a fearless smile. He's the greatest hero and I want to be just like him. In order to do that I have to be strong enough to become No. 1. I know my motivation might seem stupid compared to yours but still, I can't lose this either I owe it to everyone who supported me to try my best. You're declaring war on me well right back at you. I am going to beat you,"