~20~

a/n
hello my lovely readers, i put up an update last week explaining the reason for the late update, so if you were confused make sure you follow so you'll know when to expect the next chapters!! Right now I think this story is going to have at least 60-80 parts, but i plan to go back through and combine some of the shorter chapters after it is done. I hope you are enjoying the story so far.

I would like to put it out there that I have every part of the story planned so I know everyone is frustrated that's it's not picking up, but i swear i have a plan and a road map i'm following.

I would also love to dedicate this chapter to Wise-Wolf1 i got the best surprise the other day when I saw they added my story to "best stories i've read", they leave the most lovely comments and messages, and i'm very thankful to have you as a devoted and supportive reader!!

love you all!! don't forget to eat, sleep, drink water, and stay safe.
xoxo,
EA ♥️🌻

Anton

Monday leaves the office, and I sit at my desk trying my best to stay calm and patient. When multiple minutes seem to pass I start to get annoyed and slightly worried. I stand from my desk to check out what's wrong. When I get mid way down the stairs I hear Monday, Laura, and Emi whisper yelling to each other in the kitchen.

"She's not in her room, and I know y'all had to have seen where she went!" Monday scolds them, my heart begins to pick up, knowing they are talking about Amaris. "I swear you guys better start talking before Ant—". I stomp into the kitchen and all their eyes go wide to me.

"What happened." I growl lowly and all of them cower at my tone. I start to sniff the air, and notice Amaris' scent has faded slightly. "Where is she." I try to not raise my voice and take control, but my wolf is going crazy in my head. Emi and Laura look guiltily at each other, and I stalk closer to them.

"She was in her room the last time we saw her." Emi whispers, not meeting my eyes.

"Tell me where my mate is," My wolf pushes forward and bears canines at her while using his alpha tone. They both lower their heads in submission.

"She told us she would be in her room all day," Laura starts to tremble under my intense gaze. I fight my wolf for dominance not liking the way he's treating my friends.

"I'm sure she did, but where is she?" My wolf let's out one last warning growl. Emi starts to let out a shaky breath.

"The last time we saw her she was in her room, I swear Alpha." Emi tries to gather herself, takes a small pause and starts to speak again. "But, if I had to guess I'd say she went back to the woods." My chest heaves up and down, and I know this is a battle with my wolf I was probably about to lose. I let out a pained bark as my hands pulled at my hair.

"I'm going," I start toward the door but when I feel Emi's small hand pull on my shoulder I stop in my tracks.

"Anton, this isn't my place but I think you should stay here." My wolf lets out another growl at her for telling me what to do. "Take a moment to really think this through. If you won't take her as your mate, and she wants to be alone maybe you should just let her go."

My wolf wants to rip her to shreds at the idea of letting Amaris leave us, but I know she's right. I needed to finally let her go. My head hurts as my wolf pounds against my skull, he is angry with me. Furious with the idea of letting Amaris lead a life without him.

My hands find my hair again, pulling at the ends as I slump to the ground, the pain of her gone being too much for my wolf. I see Laura dash off before I squeeze my eyes shut. Emi leans down and begins to draw circles on my back to help, but her touch burns and makes my wolf uncomfortable with the idea of any other female touching me, I give her a small bark to get her to stop.