~5~

a/n
i'm back y'all!! this is a shorter chapter, but i'm glad one is up after almost two weeks!! i'm so sorry. I promise i plan to update way more in the future, i was just going through it haha. alright hope you enjoy. make sure to comment, vote, and follow. love you all. XOXO -EA 🌻

Amaris
"Well..." He looked at me expectantly.
"I don't know," I said sheepishly, twiddling my fingers.
"What do you mean you don't know?"
"I'm just not sure where or who I came from." He looked at me, confusion swirling in his eyes.
"You don't know who your parents are?"
"No." He nodded, taking this information in. Then as he ran his fingers through his hair he stood up, looking past me.
"I should go." I felt my chest drop slightly. I didn't want him to, but I knew deep inside that he should. Mate or not, I liked my life alone in these woods.
"Do you know your way out?"
"I'll find it." I bobbed my head and turned to leave myself, but his hand grabbed my wrist stopping me. I jumped at the touch of his skin against mine, the feeling of pure pleasure coursed through me. I saw his eyes widen and I knew that it had affected him as well. We both shrugged it off after standing a moment too long touching.
"I just want to make this clear, I don't want a mate, I don't need one." A part of me sank a little with his half ass rejection, but the other part agreed fully. I put a slight smirk on my lips, not wanting him to think this affected me at all.
"I'm glad we agree." And with that I turned and sank back into the trees, leaving him out of sight and out of mind.

Anton
My wolf pounded in my head as I stalked out of the woods. He was pissed we were leaving Amaris behind. 
"Our pack needs a luna," he demanded, "what the hell are you doing? Go get our mate." I tried to keep his thoughts out but they were too strong to fight off. I was standing in the middle of the woods rubbing my temples from the headache he was giving me.
"She's not our mate. She's your mate." I corrected him.
"You know you're wrong, Somewhere inside you, you know that you need her."  With that, he retreated to the back of my mind in defeat and I continued back to my pack.