~9~

Sorry it's a little late and short!! Love you all... don't forget to favorite and comment!! -EA 🌻

Amaris

We all continued eating as Monday and Emi went back and forth shooting questions at me.
"So were you ever from another pack?", Monday.
"No. Well I don't know, not that I remember. I've lived in the woods my whole life."
"Wait so you've never been in a house?" Emi.
"No, just the woods."
"Where did you live in the woods." Monday.
"The sweetest little cave tucked within the trees. It was right by the most beautiful stream."
"So you liked it there?" Monday again.
"Well yeah, it's my home. I plan on going back soon." They both quietly nodded.

"So I have to know," Vance broke up girl talk, "that storm, did that have something to do with you? Or was Anton just crazy?" I sat quietly going through my responses carefully. I could deny everything, but Anton knew better, and he would surely call me out on it. At the same time, my abilities weren't something I needed getting around, but it was just the inside pack leaders.
"Well?" Monday pushed, eagerness and curiosity clouding her eyes. You could see Laura nudge her a bit, signaling her to back off.
"Kind of," was the answer that I decided on.
"Kind of?" Vance repeated. "That's a little vague."
"It's kind of complicated." I looked around avoiding eye contact trying to find the best explanation, when my eyes landed on the door to the patio. "Let me show you."

I stood up from my seat and walked to the door, motioning for him to follow. Everyone stood up, curious, and followed us out the door. I looked around examining my surroundings before I closed my eyes, planted my feet and let the familiar energy course through my veins. I took a deep breath in and out, feeling the winds pick up their speed. I stretched out my palms so they faced the night sky, and opened my eyes. I focused all my energy towards my palms as dark clouds gathered above me. I could feel the power at my fingertips, and let out a crack of lightning. 

"Are you ready?" My voice came out breathy and quiet as I looked at the group. Monday nodded excitedly. "Alright," I smiled and let my hands fall to my side, letting the new rain drench us.
"Wow," Emi breathed. "This is beautiful Amaris. How did you do this?" I laughed lightly.
"Like I said, it's kind of complicated." The group stood in my storm, admiring it for a while before I decided we were probably wet enough for the night. I closed my eyes and let the energy crawl back toward me, retreating from my fingers. Just like that, the rain was gone.