~11~

(anton above bc he's cute)

Hello lovely readers, I'm sorry for the long delay, I've had some family issues popping up the past few weeks, this chapter is a little shorter, but very important ;). I hope you all enjoy, I love you all. Make sure to wear a mask, eat, drink water, and show some self love. XOXO- EA 🌻♥️

I wake up in my bed, the sun peeking through the windows and lighting up the room. I look around me, recalling the memories from last night. I turn toward my bed frame and see that the once beautiful wood is chard as my fingers glide over the blackened marks. The sheets must've been replaced with new ones, as they seem untouched by the fire, and Emi or Monday must have changed me into a clean soft t-shirt. I muster up the strength to stand up from the bed, but feel a horrible feeling gliding all over my body. I walk slowly to the bathroom and splash my face with cool water and take out the products Emi left for me the day before. After I look a little more alive, I think it's best to head downstairs, I can smell the fresh breakfast in the works and hear the chirping of small talk. On my night stand I see my dress, it looks like it has been cleaned and nicely folded, so I throw it on and head to the kitchen.

"Hey," my voice comes out small and crackly.

"Oh hello you poor thing," Emi rushes up to me, takes my arm, and leads me to the table. "How are you?"

"Better than last night," I chuckle, "but not my best." Laura comes to my side and places a cup of water in front of me, I nod a thanks. "What was it?"

"Last night?" Monday chips in.

"Yeah."

"Well, it's a lot to explain. When you find your mate, your wolf wants you to... be with them, and if you aren't then your body starts to react in a way to make you. Am I making sense?" Monday turns to Emi.

"Yeah, it's like your wolf pushing you to be with Anton, and since your human form isn't doing that, she's trying to make you." Emi tries to clarify.

"Mhm," I mutter, sipping on my water cup. "My wolf? What does that mean?"

"Your wolf? You're a werewolf so your wolf side? You turning into a wolf girl isn't like a normal day-to-day thing for most people." Monday and Emi looked at me with confusion painted all over their faces.

"Well yeah I know that, but MY wolf? What does that mean?" I don't understand what they're talking about at all. Before we can continue, Vance and Anton walk in.

"Mmm what's for breakfast Laura?" Vance asks.

"French toast casserole with bacon." She smiles.

"God, I love me a girl who can cook," Monday winks at her, Laura blushes and turns back to her food. They're sweet.

"Okay I'm still confused on how you don't get the wolf concept." Emi starts again as the boys take their seats.

"You're just acting like it's a different person, or being, or whatever."

"It is?" Monday looks scared in the face, and all attention turns to me.

"No?"

"You're wolf doesn't talk to you, give you urges or tell you when they need to be let out?"

"You guys are acting like another person should be living inside me." I snicker, thinking this conversation is ridiculous.

"Yeah, your wolf." Vance starts in.

"I am my wolf," I state, "I guess."

"That's not how it works," Anton mumbles. "Your wolf is separate from your human form."

"Well mine isn't," I'm starting to get annoyed at all of them. Just in time Laura breaks the conversation by placing a dish of what I assume is the casserole in the center of the table, along with a plate of bacon and some bowls of fruit. We all eat in silence, until Emi pipes up new conversation.

"So, I was thinking while you three," pointing to Monday, Vance, and Anton, "go do work things, Laura and I can take Amaris out around the pack lands and maybe do some shopping so she has some of her own clothes while she's here."

"I think that's a great idea," Laura pipes up. Everyone turns toward me.

"Oh yeah, sounds... good." I pick at a stray berry on my plate."

"It might be too much for her to walk around the pack," Anton chimes in, sounding grumpy. "I also don't want you two parading her around like the next Luna, and giving the pack the wrong impression." I won't lie, his statement hurt me a little.

"We won't," Emi shook her head. "And we'll only go if she's okay with it."

"I'm okay with it," I nodded in reassurance.

"Well great, it's all settled, we'll head out after this."