~6~

a/n
So I am so sorry. A lot is going on with school and a new job. So this is short but there WILL be another longer chapter coming tonight or tomorrow afternoon. please vote and comment love you all. xoxo - EA 🌻

Amaris

    I was restless the rest of  the day. I had  a horrible headache I couldn't stop, and my whole body ached.

I had liked talking with Antoon, more  than I'd like to admit, there was something so peaceful about it yet exciting. I paced back and forth reliving the conversation in my mind, going over every detail as  my head continued to pound. I couldn't take  it anymore and decided to shift and go on a run in order to feel better. I tossed my  clothes aside and ran between the tall trees and through the forest. I  wasn't sure where I was going exactly but as I  ran the trees became less dense and  the sky became clear above me. I'd run to the outskirts  of the woods, and I knew exactly why. I stopped as buildings came into view  and started to  panic. Why  did I think this was smart? I've  never left the woods. I started to retreat ashamed of my blatant stupidity, before I caught a delicious scent of spice and pine.

Anton

I had been trying to work on some paperwork when I saw that familiar ball of light dashing between the forest edge. I was quite annoyed none of my pack guards had noticed, but puzzlement set in deeper. Amaris had come to my pack lands? Not only had she gone against my very strong opposition but had been ballsy enough to come out of the woods. I set  my  pen down and ran over to where I'd seen her.

    "Amaris?"  I called out, and  saw her head poke out from behind a tree. "Could you  come out?" She did as I asked and stepped out onto pack land for the first time.