~7~

(picture of Laura above)

a/n

guys I am so sorry. Wattpad blocked me for the past week and wouldn't let me log on. I also forgot my email which didn't help. buuttttt I contacted them and they let me back on so here is a longer chapter as my apology attempt. -E.A 🌻

Amaris

The area was filled with tall pine, and grass. Large wooden buildings were spaced out perfectly across the land. It was as if a city had been built and concealed within the trees. It was breathtaking. Pack members drifted from one place to another taking pauses to talk to someone or pop into a store.

"Are you okay," Anton whispered. A warm feeling swept over me at his concern for my well being. I nodded slowly and took a deep breath.

"It's just a little overwhelming."

"I can understand that," he smirked, "it isn't everyday you come out of a lifetime of solitude." I chuckled.

"Yeah I suppose."

"Why don't I take you to the pack house, there are less pack members." I agreed and we started on our way.

As we walked through the crowds of people I felt my heart begin to race, and my breathing became heavy. I started to feel myself pull back and long for the quiet woods. I think Anton could sense my anxiety as he reached down for my hand and gave it a slight squeeze that sent tingles up my arm. We dodged through the city to a huge mansion-like cabin.

"Wow," I whispered.

"Yeah, I know right." We trudged together up the stairs and a sweet older man held open the doors for us. Anton held his hand out gesturing for me to enter, and as I did my jaw hit the floor.The Mansion was made of huge logs and decorated with antlers. Everything was so glamorous yet felt so homey and cozy.

"Have you ever been in a house before?" My cheeks filled with blush.

"No," I played with my hands embarrassed.

"Alright, let me give you a run down-" Anton started but wasn't able to finish due to the frantic feet pounding down the steps.

"Hey Anton who's-", Monday stopped in front of us, "ohhhh," a smile dancing across her lips. "So you guys changed your minds."

"No." Anton barked, emotionless. "But while you're here you can show Amaris around, I have shit to get to." He then retreated up a separate flight of stairs." My heart sank at the thought of not being with Anton and at the idea that he didn't want to be with me , but it was slowly replaced with relief. Being with Anton wasn't what I needed right now with all these confusing emotions.

"Well, let's show you around," Monday motioned me to follow her back out the door, but my feet wouldn't move. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, it's just..."

"A little overwhelming right now?" I let out a breath, happy she understood.

"Exactly."

"Well then, for today I will just show you around the pack house, and maybe I can get to know you a bit better," she smiled. I nodded.

"So this right here is the entryway of course, and these two staircases to the left and right lead upstairs to the bedrooms and offices." I nodded showing her I was listening. "If we walk straight through here we come to the Great Room, it's basically where pack members can come in to chill on breaks. If we have an event this is the space we will usually clear for it. To the left is the hangout room, it basically is just smaller and has the TV, it's reserved for the pack leaders. To the right is the kitchen, we have personal chefs Sydney, Kyle and Laura. Laura is also the female Gamma and my beautiful mate so she's only in the kitchen in her free time." Laura smiled at us and waved back to Monday, before pulling something that smelled absolutely amazing out of the oven. Monday then walked past the kitchen and into another huge room with breathtaking floor to ceiling windows. "This is our formal dining area, if we are having important meals this is where they will be. On the other side of the kitchen is a small breakfast nook, that's where the leaders will eat day-to-day. Farther down this hall is the laundry, garage, and Anton's gym. You don't really need to worry about that, you'll rarely be down there."